So what's for dinner?

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Roast chicken and gravy with roasted potatoes and carrots on the side and orange/raisin bread pudding with caramel sauce and vanilla ice-cream for dessert.

*burp*

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Pepperoni pizza from a place I haven't ordered from in a while, and now I remember why. :cry:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mussels steamed in sauvignon blanc, with garlic bread. And more sauvignon blanc.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mussels in white wine with just a touch of butter and dijon mustard. Simple green salad, crusty Italian bread and a crisp Pinot Grigio to accompany, and a lemon tart for afters.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Chicken Hurry (thighs with a sauce made with brown sugar, ketchup and onion soup packet), rice and kale salad. I started Xmas baking today so we had some Irish shortbread for dessert.

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Broiled pork blade steaks, baked potatoes & arugula salad.

(and maybe a few homemade gingersnaps for dessert)

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Steak, baked potatoes, baked onion, applesauce...

...why is everyone looking at me funny? ;)

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
Steak, baked potatoes, baked onion, applesauce...

...why is everyone looking at me funny? ;)

Sounds good to me!

I'm toying with the idea of meat pie. I thought I'd make some for Xmas to freeze and give to friends/relatives but instead of a top crust, I'd use potatoes. Mashed potatoes would be ideal but they really don't freeze well, so I'm thinking that perhaps some frozen hashbrowns would do the trick. I might have to tinker with that today.

If I don't get around to it, it's going to be that old standby - spaghetti.

Paul Scott

Registered
Reaction score
Chicken in a bag, the flavour becomes more intents when locked in with in. Roast potatoes to go with it and thick gravy.

benbenberi

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Mushrooms on toast. I sauté the mushrooms in a lot of butter with a little cream at the end. Usually I tear a couple of leaves of fresh basil into it as it cooks, but my basil is on its last legs so instead I tossed some garlic in, because garlic. Mmmmmm.

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
I bought a jar of cranberry orange sauce a few days ago because I thought it looked interesting and decided to use it on some pork chops. After browning some pork blade steaks, I sautéed some onions, deglazed the pan with about 1/4 red wine, then added about 1/2 the jar (maybe 3/4s of a cup?), about the same in beef stock, hot pepper flakes and fresh rosemary, simmered the whole shebang for about 40 minutes, then served it over rice. It was very tasty for a weekday meal. I had kale salad for a side since we still do not have lettuce here.