spam filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedguy

Registered
Reaction score
A response in another thread got me thinking. How sensitive are the spam filters used by some of the big agencies? Is there any way to know whether your query actually got to the agent? I ask because my aol e-mail address is a jumble of numbers and letters, and I have this vision of my query being doomed to spam hell.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
I queried one agent a few weeks ago, from each of three different email addresses after I received auto-replies from his system assuring me that my message was spam and as such, not delivered. An hour later, I got a polite no-thanks from the agent in question. The heck? At least the multiple messages allowed me to assume it was spam-annoyance and not my writing that was the problem ;)

I think gmail has a better track record of getting through as non-spam than AOL. You might consider making a new address for sending queries.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Most agencies are very specific in what they want in the subject line. Things with "Query" in that line get through. Others do not. And I second the idea of having a email addy that is separate for your queries. A version of your name is a nice, professional way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.