Have You Updated Your Blog Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty W01

I've worked with Allison before (I have a story in the third volume, God Allows U-Turns: A Woman's Journey, and was part of a book signing with her, also) and she's very easy to work with.

-------------------------------------------------------

The God Allows U-Turns series is moving to Harvest House Publishers
www.harvesthousepublishers.com/ with a new story focus. We are now looking for Answered Prayer stories. Two new volumes in the true short story compilation series will release this March and will premier at CBA in Denver in July of 2005.

God Answers the Prayers of Moms and God Answers Prayers (general topic)

Story Submission Deadline Is August 30, 2004

We are looking for very compelling, dramatic and emotional stories of answered prayers. Whether you make us laugh, make us cry, and/or make us praise the Lord—your story must make us believe in the mighty power of answered prayer.

Buy: One-time rights. We will accept reprints if you own the copyright.

Word count: 500-1500 words.

Payment: We are paying $50 per story published, along with one copy of the book and 100 color postcards to use in your personal mailings. You may submit as many stories as you’d like to one or both volumes.

Specific guidelines are available on our website:
www.godallowsuturns.com/guidelines.htm

Submit your stories using this email address:
[email protected]

Please email the editor personally if you have any questions. Feel free to inform others of this urgent deadline. A significant marketing and advertising campaign will be conducted on these two books. This is a great opportunity for both new and established authors.

Allison Bottke, Editor/Compiler
[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Did You Update Your Blog Today?

Carrying on from the previous thread, this is the place to post when you update your blogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeighC

Registered
Reaction score
Friday update!

Weekly update is posted - this is part 5 of 8, and there's a nice table of contents now so it is easy to start at the beginning if you haven't been reading all along! www.storiesinpieces.wordpress.com
Here's the first paragraph or two of the story, to help you decide if you want to spend the time:

“German is such an ugly language.”
He said it with a smile, and Grace had to admit, even as she took another mental inventory of their relationship and found the romantic equivalent of half a head of lettuce and a moldy jar of mayonnaise, that Jeremy had a Really Nice Smile. He also had Really Nice Hair (blond and unnaturally wavy), Really Nice Eyes (brown and soulful) and a Really Nice Body (tall, firm, athletic, etc.) that was always wrapped in the best clothes money could buy. But that was the thing about Jeremy Valentine. He had the very best of everything money could buy. And the worst of everything it couldn’t.
“Is that really what you were thinking?” Grace felt a little nudge of uncertainty as she said it, and she remembered her mother saying she should listen to the little angel on her shoulder, and not the little devil on her other shoulder. The angel was always on her right shoulder, according to mom, and the devil on her left, but the geography never helped her moral compass all that much.

If you liked this intro even a little bit, please check it out! It's a great way to waste ten minutes every Friday... And I have lots more stories, so the blog isn't going to go dead when this one is fully posted.

~ Leigh
www.storiesinpieces.wordpress.com

doctri

Registered
Reaction score
I won first place!

I updated my blog yesterday to include a video of me reading my story "Where Did That Come From?". I entered the Chesterfield Writers Guild Jade G Bute Writing Contest and won first place. The contest was judged by 2003 Guggenheim Fellow and current Writer in Residene at Washington University in St Louis, Kathleen Finneran. I had a great time reading my story. First time I ever entered a writing contest and was thrilled to win. Check it out at: http://fromthecheerfuldungeon.blogspot.com/ and let me know what you think.

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
Conflict, complications - isn’t that really what we live for as readers? We want complex characters that are pulled and weaved through an intriguing plot. Actually, what fun would it be if there wasn’t any conflict? Would there even be a story?

Want to read more? Click the link... :)
"It's Complicated!"

Status
Not open for further replies.