Have You Updated Your Blog Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mr Hippo, who kindly built my website, did a post on how to make an affordable author website. I hope other authors find this helpful! As for what I should blog about next, I have noooo clue. Anyone have any ideas? :D

pdichellis

Murder! You want fries with that?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
murderandfries.wordpress.com
Updated Sunday, as usual. Over the past few Sundays, posts have included links to:

Free stories by Raymond Chandler and Elmore Leonard.

All of the Anthony Award Short Story finalists, also free-to-read.

A review of anthology stories from Lawrence Block, Donald Westlake, and Robert Randisi.

A new Otto Penzler anthology of stories that inspired great crime movies.

A Joe R. Lansdale Hap and Leonard collection.

An essay dissecting 15 unconventional storytelling methods.

An essay on techniques for describing a protagonist when writing first-person POV.

And lots more!

A short walk down a dark street. Celebrating short mystery and crime fiction.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Need a quick buzz? This week’s blog update brings it on, with links to a dangerous dose of reviews, releases, free reads, and more.

Includes: free-to-read, the classic crime story "Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl (which later became an Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV episode).

Plus: A short walk encore presentation—two essays on selling stories by prolific author and editor Michael Bracken.

A short walk down a dark street (#80). Celebrating short mystery and crime fiction.

pdichellis

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Been updating on Sundays, like clockwork. Over the past few weeks, posts have included links to:

The inside story on the current status of Occult Detective Quarterly (now Occult Detective Magazine).

In a Halloween essay, EQMM editor Janet Hutchings revealed her views on supernatural mysteries.

Free to read: "Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl. (The classic crime story that became an Alfred Hitchcock Presents TV episode.)

Essays by Flash Fiction Online editor Suzanne Vincent: How Editors Evaluate Short Story Submissions and Navigating Submission Guidelines. (Note: Although FFO is known as a Science Fiction market they also accept mystery and crime stories, as well as other genres.)

Twenty free stories and novella excerpts, courtesy of The Strand Magazine.

A short walk down a dark street. Celebrating short mystery and crime fiction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.