Royal Pains

DagnyTaggart

Ok, so I love Burn Notice and In Plain Sight (and Starter Wife, when it was still around) so USA has a great record for me. So yay! They are doing another new series. The promos have just started airing but I think this could be a hit, too. It's about a concierge doctor in the Hamptons - fun, original premise. I'm gonna give it a shot for sure.

Promo here: http://www.usanetwork.com/series/royalpains/index.html

Last edited:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first 2 seasons but gradually lost interest. It is a cute and fun show and mostly the charming characters make up for the extreme implausibility of the protagonists stumbling upon a different exceedingly rare disease and treating it in the field using common household items every darn week. I see the guy who plays Hank at my job quite often and I am always amused. He's super good looking IRL :D

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I watched the first 2 seasons but gradually lost interest. It is a cute and fun show and mostly the charming characters make up for the extreme implausibility of the protagonists stumbling upon a different exceedingly rare disease and treating it in the field using common household items every darn week.

Ditto. Loved the first season and half, but how many rare diseases/problems can there be in one small area at any given time? I try to suspend my disbelief and just roll with it, but sometimes the implausibility gets to me. It's gone from fish out of water to medical MacGyver.

If they keep playing up side story lines, though, I'll keep watching. Divya and her parents, the problems between Evan and Hank and the business, the mysteries with Boris, that's what's keeping me in right now.

Gilroy Cullen

Handsome servant of a redhead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
swordsvspens.blogspot.com
They haven't done as much MacGuyver recently (that I remember) because of the whole Hankmed situation.

The personal storylines are definitely running the show right now. REALLY want to know what the heck is going on with Boris. Want Jill back! She and Hank made a great couple. (Hope they don't hook Divya and one of the Lawson brothers up. To me, that's jumping the shark in Boris's tank.:) )

Opinionated Ant

I walk into things
Registered
Reaction score
Boris is the man. I'm glad we got a Jill break (please don't throw anything at me)!
It seemed like she was leaving no wait now she isn't far too much. Let her come back at the end of the season with one of the rare diseases for Hank to save her!

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Boris is the man. I'm glad we got a Jill break (please don't throw anything at me)!
It seemed like she was leaving no wait now she isn't far too much. Let her come back at the end of the season with one of the rare diseases for Hank to save her!

Ohh, yeah. I like her character so much. I don't want Hank to hook up with another pretty sarcastic doctor. He and Jill work so much better. Of course she'll probably come back with a rare disease and a new boyfriend.

The Boris storyline is the most interesting part of the show for me. I love the relationship between him and Hank. They aren't two people you would figure would be friends, but are based on a mutual respect. I can't wait to find out what Boris has gotten Hank into.