Favorite series or authors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eowyn Eomer

Do you have a favorite series of Christian books or a favorite Christian author?

My favorite series would have to be the O'Malley series by Dee Henderson. I'm not usually into romance, but I thought this series had enough suspense and excitement to make them excellent. My absolute favorite book in the series is "The Truth Seeker." I feel as though her characters were best developed in that book and their interactions were great. It had more of those "moments" that sent chills down my spine or provoked some kind of emotional response - like when Quinn stuck his hat on Lisa's head. She did so well I think to create conflict between Quinn and Lisa that it made their story much more interesting.

callalily61

Tracy Groot!

The Brother's Keeper and Stones of My Accusers

I read the first twice in 4 days. I still grab it off the shelf every so often and reread favorite parts. The second is a sequel of sorts and not as wonderful.

I really havebn't been able to get into much Christian Fiction. It tends (for me) to be schmaltzy and full of "Christian-Speak" (my term).

The exception was WE Davis' Drastic Park -- a murder mystery with humor, wry wit, and, yes, "Christian-Speak". But he does it so well that it all flows. There's a sequel, but I've forgotten the name.

Lily

Stephenie Hovland

I've enjoyed Jan Karon's Mitford series. I hadn't read fiction in years, when I decided to pick up the first book. I felt a little guilty reading something that was so "light." But, it's funny how similar to my life (at that point) it was. It was a very nice escape for me -- a way to chuckle at my own situations.

dub

I have read the Terri Blackstock's Cape Refuge series, and several of Alton Gansky's books (sp) - Dark Moon and [Ship Posssessed[/i].

from the swamp - dub

Betty W01

I loved the O'Malley series!! I also like Henderson's "Uncommon Heroes" series. Another author I like is Tricia Goyer... read her WWII novels; they are excellent. I just got Goyer's Night Song and Henderson's latest and can't wait to make time to read them.

I also like Sally S. Wright's Ben Reese mysteries. She's a Christian and the books are from a Christian worldview, but aren't preachy as so many books are. In fact, they've been picked up by a secular house.

And then there's Francine Rivers. I especially liked The Red Thread. And for fantasy/SF lovers, there's C.S. Lewis's Narnia series, his space trilogy, and Kathy Tyer's Firebird series.

Status
Not open for further replies.