Chicago to Have "Talk Like Shakespeare Day"

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-talk-shakespeare-0420apr20,0,24336.story

On Monday, Mayor Richard Daley is to announce that Thursday, William Shakespeare's 445th birthday, is to be "Talk Like Shakespeare Day," an occasion for Chicagoans to import the spoken words of the Bard of Avon into their everyday conversations.

It doesn't beat Talk Like a Pirate Day, but it would still be cool to see. Er... hear. :D

I can't tell if they made up the quotes, but they're funny:

Former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, in impromptu statement outside home: "Thieves for their robbery have authority, when judges steal themselves."

On the Red Line, the CTA voice guy: "To be Bryn Mawr, or not to be Bryn Mawr. That is the question."

At City Hall news conference, Daley, cross-gartered like Malvolio: "I'll be revenged on the whole pack of you."

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Barak Obama looked at the current financial situation and said "To me, what is this quintessence of dust."

Roger J Carlson

Moderator In Name Only
Registered
Reaction score
The ones without attribution are just made up from a database of phrases. But some of them come from actual plays. I think this is my favorite:

"There's no more faith in thee than in a stewed prune."

-- Taken from: Henry V