Megan McCafferty's Bestselling Jessica Darling Series/Perfect Fifths

LordDelusions

folly is such fun
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.
Today (April 14) is the release of Megan McCafferty's final book in her Jessica Darling series. It's been a 10year journey...
For those who don't know: It began with a 10th grader whose best friend moved away so she had to face the hardships of highschool on her own in Sloppy Firsts. Then after experiencing the ups and downs of Senior year and love because of now reformed/former badboy Marcus Flutie, she makes her into her mature-as-can-be college life (Second Helpings and Charmed Thirds). In Fourth Comings, she is now an official adult reunited with her bestfriend, but learning how to deal with the realworld.

In Perfect Fifths:
Old flames are reignited in this eagerly awaited fifth and final book in the Jessica Darling series. Captivated readers have followed her through every step and misstep, from a tormented, tart-tongued teenager, to a college grad stumbling toward adulthood. Now a young professional in her mid-twenties, Jess is off to a Caribbean wedding. [SPOILER ALERT! Proceed with caution if you haven't read Fourth Comings.] As she rushes to her gate at the airport, she literally runs into her former boyfriend, Marcus Flutie. It’s the first time she’s seen him since she reluctantly turned down his marriage proposal three years earlier—and emotions run high. Marcus and Jessica have both changed dramatically, yet their connection feels as familiar as ever. Is their reunion just a fluke or has fate orchestrated this collision of their lives once again? Partly told from Marcus’s point of view, Perfect Fifths finally lets readers inside the mind of the only person who’s both troubled and titillated Jessica Darling for years. Expect nothing less than the satisfying conclusion fans have been waiting for, one perfect in its imperfection.
-From Megan McCafferty's website.

Being an openminded reader, I came across these books through a friend. And after reading them, I have to say they are very good. Girls, if you need someone to relate to: Jessica is there. Guys, if you need to learn a thing or two about girls (as I did): Jessica is there.

As an aspiring writer who is writing in firstperson point-of-view, like these books, I found Jessica's voice/character and Megan's writing/plotting/wit,humor and other instatement of emotions helpful in my own character/writing development.

Having access to some newsmedia, Megan McCafferty gave me an ARC of Perfect Fifths to review. I will have it up here once the review is published.

For more information on Megan McCafferty and her books, visit: http://www.meganmccafferty.com/