World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
In a single day I got both Right Binding of the Windseeker, and the MH Warglaive of Azzinoth, and I saw a Life-Binder's Handmaiden drop, although I didn't get it.

Kaarl

Novice Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
1000 gold for an epic mount in vanilla and that was a lot of money. Kids these days have it easy

Dragonwriter

Fluorescent Pudding-Brain
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rlkingwriting.com
Oh, cool, a WoW thread. :)

I used to be seriously addicted to the WarCrack (playing every day, raiding like 5 days a week) but thankfully I've managed to break free and just play casually now. Suffering from a bit of "been there, done that" syndrome after nearly 7 years of continous play.

My current active toons (though they're not very active) are:
Ryik, blood elf monk, Proudmoore
Anathaemus, blood elf death knight, Proudmoore
Meepling, pandaren (Alliance) monk, Blackwater Raiders

These days I mostly just solo old raids (I will have Ashes of A'lar!). I think I used up my luck a couple of years ago, though, when I got both Bindings of the Windseeker on one MC run, and the Zul'Gurub tiger mount (before they removed it) on two different characters within two weeks. Haven't had any lucky drops like that since!

Kaarl

Novice Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
1K is still a decent amount of money.

It is but much easier to get than it was when 60 was the cap and shaman were horde only and had to do quests for each totem. Pre-battlegrounds where if you wanted PvP it was off to TM/SS

I stopped playing in Cata (I'll be back someday) but cracking 1K, even on on 50 or 60 toon wasn't nearly as tough as in vanilla.

Inscription is/was hax

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Finally got my 3rd toon up to 90, but I feel like it's at the expense of my main. He's still trying to grind those last 2 Secrets of the Empire for the 2nd part of Wrathion's questline.

AskMalice

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't played WoW in the longest time. I used to love playing my ice mage in pvp non stop. I also loved the high end raids. Then one day I saw some warriors running around Azeroth fighting old bosses and regenerating all their health every few seconds, and I was so jealous. I've tried to come back a few times over the years, but never for more than a month or two.

Since I have a laptop, I learned how to play by using my entire num pad for all the spells/attacks with my right hand while my left was in charge with targetting and moving around with the QWEASDF etc. letters. I remember when I used to have a really old computer and would click all my spells with the mouse. The evolution from that, to then using the numbers, to then using the num pad without the mouse as all I never thought would happen and now I can't even fathom going back and playing any other way.

Game is too addicting for me, though. I'd rather spend hours on end going through episodes of Star Trek, Roswell, Stargate, or JAG. If I ever get a new computer, I'd try it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.