Monthly prompt(s) challenge--April 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Since Cranky was *cough* kind enough to name me as the next prompter, and since I've always had a hard time writing to just one prompt, I decided I'd do everyone a favor and give you a choice of THREE prompts. Pick one, write any length you want (but keep it less than 3K if you want it read and critted), post it in SYW, tell us here that you posted it and wait for all the feedback.

Prompt # 1 - DEATH. If there is an overriding theme in my own work, it is death. Death is the great unknown, the universal mystery that none of us really understands, but will become perfectly clear to each of us eventually. I've always found it fascinating. So write me something about death. Any take on it is fine, as long as it's horrific.

or

Prompt # 2 - GHOSTS. Just the other day I whined in my blog about the dearth of ghosts in horror fiction nowadays. Ghosts are cool, man, and I wanna read me some stories about them. If you're interested in ghosts too, this one might be a good choice for you.

or

Prompt # 3 - CANNIBALISM, because I kinda like cannibalism. I mean, eating people. How much more horrific can you get? :D

Get 'em written, get 'em posted and have it done before May 2nd.

Oh. And no damn sparkling allowed. :D

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
I'll bite. Horror's not my ususal genre, but can I give it a try? I like ghosts.

Question, can I combine two or more of the prompt topics? And no use of the dreaded 'S' word. Got it.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe with my break I'll actually manage to get something done before the deadline. The corpses of my half-formed February and March attempts are stinking up the darkest corner of my hard drive.

*flees from the horror people*

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
This, is going to be fun. Thanks Haggis

De nada, K. I'll be looking forward to reading yours.

I'll bite. Horror's not my ususal genre, but can I give it a try? I like ghosts.

Question, can I combine two or more of the prompt topics? And no use of the dreaded 'S' word. Got it.

I don't see why you can't combine two or even three if you want to, Shail. It's not like they're totally unrelated anyhow. :)

Maybe with my break I'll actually manage to get something done before the deadline. The corpses of my half-formed February and March attempts are stinking up the darkest corner of my hard drive.

*flees from the horror people*

You could always write about your story corpses. :D

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't I have to make it about the ghosts of the stories? Or am I confused again? That happens so easily. Oh wait, we can mix and match? How about I write about becoming a ghost when I die from food poisoning while cannibalising them? No need to answer. I can recognise genius when I see it. ;)

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Wouldn't I have to make it about the ghosts of the stories? Or am I confused again? That happens so easily. Oh wait, we can mix and match? How about I write about becoming a ghost when I die from food poisoning while cannibalising them? No need to answer. I can recognise genius when I see it. ;)

:rolleyes:

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
... excellent suggestion, Haggis.
Perhaps a little assistance might help, though.
Think RT has got a weakness for women.
Will have to recruit one ...

Shhh.

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
*whines*
This is hard!
OK, I might try ghosts.
I don't know… maybe death…NOT cannibalism.

Argh! Deciding on a challenge prompt is my challenge….

Though all I really need to do is stare at Haggis's new Avatar for inspiration. Every time I scroll through a thread my eyes catch on it and I get creeped out! And I thought the one with the needle was gross….:D
Maybe it will help put me in the right frame of mind.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Cannibalism! Yeesh! And just when I've promised myself to try to get out of my rut? Perhaps a ghost who's died from food poisoning? Just a thought....

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good choices, Haggis! And I hereby promise that I will actually get one done for this challenge.

*holds hand up solemnly*

Ghosts and death...two of my favorite topics. :D

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to write about the ghost of a dead cannibal!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Universal themes, Lola baby! Who hasn't wanted to munch on their neighbor, I ask you? :D

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score

There's no whining in horror, soapdish.

Cannibalism! Yeesh! And just when I've promised myself to try to get out of my rut? Perhaps a ghost who's died from food poisoning? Just a thought....

Looking forward to the read.

OK, maybe cannibalism :)
Cuz now I have an idea.
Hmm, seems like all I have to say is that I "won't" do something and then I suddenly want to do it.

Yes, Grasshopper. You've come a long way in only a few posts. :D

Good choices, Haggis! And I hereby promise that I will actually get one done for this challenge.

*holds hand up solemnly*

Ghosts and death...two of my favorite topics. :D

As well they should be.

I'm going to write about the ghost of a dead cannibal!

Nailed 'em all. Perfect, Jcomp.

You, you...you can't! I was gonna do that! :box:

You can write about the ghost of the person the dead cannibal ate. :)

I don't read horror; I don't write horror.

So why are those topics so tempting?

*looks puzzled*

Because you're sick dolores. Admit it. Come on over to the dark side where you belong. :e2teeth:

Awesome prompts:)

I'm happy you like them. Especially since YOU ARE GOING TO BE DOING NEXT MONTH'S PROMPTS. Hahahahahaha. Bwahahahahahaha.

jgold

Grinning
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh! Great topics! I always wanted to write a ghost story...

Status
Not open for further replies.