Do You Ever Wonder...

RunawayScribe

It is what it is.
Registered
Reaction score
...If Stephenie Meyer drops by this board and lurks, but is scared to death to post because of how much fun we all have bashing her saga?

I just got on here for the first time today, and wow. I'm pretty entertained, I have to say, but I can't help but imagining her seeing this...

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, could be any of us...

deserata

writerly painter
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure AW isn't the only online community whose members bash her saga...by a long shot. She could take her pick.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but how many have devoted a day to it? ;)

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
No, we have members who are bashing Meyers. Not AW as a whole. Actually, this is pretty good publicity for her I'd think. :)

I stand corrected. ;)

Alitriona

Attends The School of AW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caroloates.com
Plenty of people here who like...love...sleep with twilight collection under their twilight pillow, hugging their Edward hot water bottle. I'm team Edward myself.

Seriously, Opinions are varied and everyone has one. Most of the stuff today is meant in good spirit. Every writer works hard and loves their own story. My opinion is I respect her for getting so many people reading and writing. She seems such a lovely person. I suspect she's around here somewhere sometimes so I would hope she sees some of the good comments too.

Shweta

Sick and absent
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shwetanarayan.org
Bash? :eek:

People are bashing? We must stop them.
The financial future of AW depends on it. Quick, everyone go comment on their posts with EDWAAAAARD!

Or possibly JACOOOOB!

Though ideally not RENESMEEEE! That would be a bit creepy.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
And, for the record, I have nothing but respect for Ms. Meyer, who has managed to catch the attention, imagination, and hold the interest of so very many fans of all different ages and backgrounds. I know it's a popular thing to slight that accomplishment, and write it all off to luck and slick marketing -- but quite frankly, I strongly believe that she's a writer who hooked into of one of those shared-truth places in the psyche of her fans, then held on to it with both hands. That's not simple luck, and it's not just slick marketing.

:)

Reaction score
No, we have members who are bashing Meyers. Not AW as a whole. Actually, this is pretty good publicity for her I'd think. :)

Further correction: we have members who are bashing her books.

I'd love it if she lurked here. She might learn a thing or two and I mean that; I really do. The collective membership here might teach her how to write, if she would only pay attention.