You people are freaking scaring me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I can understand the big twilight ad on top, but seriously.

Since half this whole forum hates Twilight and "smeyer", I don't understand what the heck is going on.

I'm a border-on Twilight fan. (Hate the movie. And I feel sorry for the chick who played Bella. Pattinson is ugly as hell.)

If ya'll need me, I'll hide in my turtle shell, just let me know when it's all over.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Take a look at the date, Blue. It's tradition. Just sit back and enjoy the fun.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Vampires and bad fan fiction scare me. And I don't even want to think about vampires in bad fan fiction.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, Blue! These people are so mean. I bet Steffy's drenched three hankies on the way to her financial institution of choice.

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Long live the revolution!

happywritermom

Registered
Reaction score
No fiction that encourages people to read is bad fiction. I'm not a vampire fan, but I'm certainly not going to knock those who are.
Besides, money makes the forums go 'round!

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Every day the thought of Twilight being real makes ME want to hide in MY turtle shell. But I make it through the days somehow.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
((Blue)) remember last year? It's no different, just a bit of mischief and fun. No harm. Enjoy it and no need to defend what you like or dislike.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
Well Blue, I can't say I'm freaked out or anything. I would never want to read or watch anything to do with Twilight myself, and I know this will make me very unpopular, but I think this is all in very bad taste.
Twilight and S. Meyer might not be everyone's cup of tea, her work may not be written terribly well, but the author is still that, an author, a published one, which most of us can only ever aspire to be. And at least she got teens reading once again. Whatever happened to respect your fellow author?

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Well Blue, I can't say I'm freaked out or anything. I would never want to read or watch anything to do with Twilight myself, and I know this will make me very unpopular, but I think this is all in very bad taste.
Twilight and S. Meyer might not be everyone's cup of tea, her work may not be written terribly well, but the author is still that, an author, a published one, which most of us can only ever aspire to be. And at least she got teens reading once again. Whatever happened to respect your fellow author?

You operate under the assumption, of course, that Meyer is an author.

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
:D

When I first got on here this morning and saw the big banner, my eyes nearly dropped out of my head, mind you, I had only just got up. I haven't read any of the April fool's day postings besides this one. I just think the poo thing is taking it a bit too far.

...It didn't change.

I'm sitting here reading all this like : HUH?

It was like the mods escaped from their asylum. :D

CaseyMcG

Registered
Reaction score
I work at Borders so after seeing the book...and the movie...and the movie companion...and the directors book...and action figure...and 8 month calendar (because the other 4 months don't count...?)...and the conversation hearts...and tattoos and magnets and pins and bags and t-shirts and pens and watches and umbrellas and bookmarks and gift cards...well, I've about had enough. Payback yo!

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I hope these MODs know what they're doing. Like CT said "We have enough Twilight bashing threads to deal with already." Which is why I stopped making Twilight threads for good.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
If I join in and take the piss, it'll be at the expense of the bad fan-ficcer who tried to profit from someone else's idea. It won't be at the expense of a fellow author who made good. I haven't read the books because they're not the kind of thing I read. At. All. So I won't criticize. Most of this seems all in good fun this morning. Some of it seems to take the idea a smidgen too far (IMO).

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
What CaroGirl said. Any joking I do is NOT at Meyer's expense. She gets my respect for writing something that has captured the imaginations of millions, which is no easy task.

Reaction score
I can understand the big twilight ad on top, but seriously.

Since half this whole forum hates Twilight and "smeyer", I don't understand what the heck is going on.

I'm a border-on Twilight fan. (Hate the movie. And I feel sorry for the chick who played Bella. Pattinson is ugly as hell.)

If ya'll need me, I'll hide in my turtle shell, just let me know when it's all over.

Take that back or GTFO!!!!1111one!!1
Prettierthanyou.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.