Why does everyone dislike Twilight?

Reaction score
I think she wrote the book she wanted to read. Genre is all down to how it's marketed.

TsukiRyoko

Forced into cell phone life
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tsuki-explodes.blogspot.com
I might have liked them a few years ago, but after reading so many vampire stories... well... They get a bit old. Aside from that, when I want to read a book about vampires, I don't want a romance story. I don't want an inkling of a romance story. Why? Because vampires aren't supposed to be romantic. They're dead, hungry, and have to be invited into your house and THEN they tear you to shreds. Oh, and I like my vampires more... well... allergic to sunlight.

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Does Meyer understand her audience better than the competition? Probably not. Some books just seem to come along at the right time and reach a critical mass, then take off. Twilight looks like that to me. And most readers really couldn't care less about muttered and demanded.

Cheers,
Rob

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
The thing about Twilight is when Meyer wrote it she never planned on making it into a book. She wrote it purely for herself because of a dream she had one night and she wanted to know what would happen next to these characters she dreamed up. Her sister was the one who told her to try and send it out because she thought it was good.
Meyer says herself (I believe in one of the special features on the Twilight movie) that everything happened really fast and suddenly she had a three book deal.
For never attempting to write a novel I'd say she did a pretty damn good job on her first attempt.

Of course I also love Twilight and everything about it, but that's just me.