• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Renaissance Literary & Talent

MarlynnOfMany

Registered
Reaction score
Website
maralynnjohnstone.com
The website's working fine now (http://www.renaissancemgmt.net), though by the sounds of it they're very busy. I sent in a query last night, and got a reply today from Alan that he'd love to, but he's got too much on his plate right now; good luck.

As rejection letters go, that one's both prompt and honest, which I appreciate.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's back to being under construction (drop the www. to get to it), but Alan is still active. Not much recent on Eddie outside of conferences. Anthony is with Foundry now.

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
I found Alan Nevins listed on Query Tracker as an agent who accepts sci-fi, but I can't find a twitter, or anything recent from him. Even his bio section on his website doesn't list what kinds of books interest him. Has anyone had any recent experiences or read anything recent about Nevins/his agency?

Fiender

Registered
Reaction score
This might not be the best thread to discuss this, and this might expose my ignorance in some things, but I was looking to query Jacklyn Saferstein-Hansen and was checking out her most recent sales. One of which was a thriller sold to "Amazon Publishing".

How difficult is it to sell to Amazon Publishing as an agent? I was under the impression Amazon was a psuedo-self publishing service, and basically anyone could get their work on Amazon. Jacklyn listing this as a book sale obviously implies that she negotiated with Amazon, and that gave an advance for the book in question.

Now, I'm not saying this is a red flag (especially given my ignorance). Jacklyn also has sales to Prometheus books and Pan MacMillion. This particular sale however is the closest to my genre in her list, so it stood out to me.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
How difficult is it to sell to Amazon Publishing as an agent? I was under the impression Amazon was a psuedo-self publishing service, and basically anyone could get their work on Amazon. Jacklyn listing this as a book sale obviously implies that she negotiated with Amazon, and that gave an advance for the book in question.

Amazon has imprints. I'm not sure which one "Amazon Publishing" would be, but they do have legit imprints. Both Marko Kloos and Seanan McGuire have published with their SF imprint, 47North.

zmethos

from words to worlds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mpepperlanglinais.com

As lizmonster mentioned, Amazon has publishing imprints, and I was once signed by an agent who submitted to Amazon--and then dropped me when Amazon rejected my work. (I guess she had no other ideas of where to send my book?) So... Yeah, they don't just take anyone.

Reactions: Fiender