• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Paradigm Talent Agency

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I queried her on July 1st and got a request for the full ms on September 10th. Then I was out of town for a funeral and forgot to respond so I just got another email from her today asking for it. I'm so embarrassed about letting it slip by. :eek:

Thanks for posting. Looks like I can sit back and wait awhile. Sounds like she's really interested if she emailed again. Good luck!

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Moost-

I equeried Jason Yarn about a week after you-no response yet. I've been having some trouble with my e-mail, so I'm hoping it didn't vanish into cyberland...

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Just an update for those of you still waiting-I received a really nice personalized rejection with good feedback from Jason Yarn last night-(on an equery with first ten pages...methinks it's time for SYW :))

Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to add the timeline-query 9/15, rejection 10/9.

arkady

Registered
Reaction score
Queried 9/25. No response of any kind yet. As always, I wonder if this is good or bad.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Jason Yarn 9/22, request for a partial 10/16. So seems like he's catching up with the queries from late September now.

Dhaunea

Random Lunatic
Registered
Reaction score
A girl I beta for signed with Jason Yarn today. First novel, first in a series, science fiction techno-thriller. She just called me up to make loud, high-pitched noises of excitement in my ear.

He was very easy to communicate with, apparently, had a fast turn-around and was very clear on the few points he wanted her to change/work on.

paperhearted

always writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
fiction-theory.livejournal.com
Got a request from Yarn for a full manuscript on a partial sent in September. I agree with Phael, I think he is catching up on things from last month.

So far he has been very professional and straightforward, which is much appreciated.

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Alyssa Reuben answers all queries even if it's a rejection? I sent her a query a few months ago and wonder if no response means no.

Thanks! :)

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
budgie_brain: I received an equery rejection from her after 3 months.

CharlieBabbitt

Read. Write. Tivo.
Registered
Reaction score
Budgie -- I sent my equery on 10/2, haven't heard back. QT shows her responses around 60 - 75 days, so hopefully soon (for both of us). Good luck to you!

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
I went through the query, partial, then reject dance with Mr. Yarn in March. I just queried him with my second novel, so we'll see how it goes this time.

--Dev

bclement412

Registered
Reaction score
Dev- do you know what his response times are? I queried a month ago and no word yet...

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Dev- do you know what his response times are? I queried a month ago and no word yet...

Hi bclement - I equeried him back in September and I was starting to think he was a no response means no type, but then I got a really nice personalized rejection from him that made it evident he had read the pages and thought it over. It took just under a month.

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, bclement412, CharlieBabbitt, and Erin, for your query experience RE: Alyssa Reuben! :) I suppose I need to wait a bit longer.

Good luck to you, too, CharlieBabbitt! :)

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
bclement412,

Earlier in the year, I sent Mr. Yarn a query on 12 Mar. I got a request for partial on 13 Mar, then a polite, thoughtful reject on 31 Mar. Not sure how his workload is at this time of year, though.

--Dev