Nerves shall be the death of me.

SaraAnn

Registered
Reaction score
Sooo, Thursday will be my audition for a highschool specializing in the arts. My art I am auditioning for; writing.
I AM NERVOUS AS HELL.
Any help? xD
My nerves always get the best of me, and I've never been good dealing with them, soooo, any tips? x]

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
There are several things you can do to deal with nerves. You've only got two days so some of them may not work so well. And you're a teenager so herbal remedies will need to discussed with your parents.

1. Get all the fear and anxiety out of your system now. Imagine the worst possible scenario happening, allow all your fear and anxiety to boil up and out, and then get rid of it.

2. Free associate in a journal. Start writing whatever pops into your head about the competition. Keep writing until you've got nothing left to say about it. Dump it all onto paper. Once it's on paper you don't need to remember it, because it's all written down. :)

3. Exercise. You've probably got some extra adrenaline pumping through your body right now. Exercise can help siphon it off.

4. Crank up some elevating music. Whatever pumps you up and makes you feel good.

5. Valerian is an herbal supplement which can relieve anxiety. It also is a sleep aid, so you need to be cautious about taking it. And if you are under the age of 18, you need to discuss taking it with your parents. There might be a medical reason for you not to take it.

That's all I got.

Good luck. :Hug2:

SaraAnn

Registered
Reaction score
1. Over active imagination lets me analyze the worst scenario in many....many different ways xDD

2. I <3 Journals, to the end of my days :D

3&4 happen every day, soo that always helps xD

5. My dad is a freak when it comes to taking anything other than an aspirin, so unless I grow four years, that ain't ahppening xD.

Thanks for some suggestions though, and thanks for the luck :)

...any other helpp? xD

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do a simple meditation for three minutes. Sometimes just breaking the "worry line" will make it easier.

Set in a quiet place, close your eyes, breathe slow and deep, concentrate on your breathing, imagine something calm and beautiful in your mind (for example, sitting on a deserted beach and watching the sunset; "hear" the waves rolling in; "smell" the sea air). The first time or two you do this you will probably find yourself still wanting to think about your worries; when you do, just come back to the "calm place". When you're done, just open your eyes and sit for a few moments.

Last edited:

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
3. Exercise. You've probably got some extra adrenaline pumping through your body right now. Exercise can help siphon it off.

4. Crank up some elevating music. Whatever pumps you up and makes you feel good.

BB beat me to it, and you already do this, so I'm late to the party.

All that nervous energy will sap your strength. I'd suggest carb-loading the night before at least, if not at breakfast, too. Eat a lot of your favorite pasta.

That'll give you some reserves.