Game: How Well Do You Know Your MC?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Libby -- Her best girl friends love to shop for jewelry and make up. Libby would rather be exploring the arctic region near her orphanage.

If your MC was going to a costume party, what would they dress up as?

Deadeyemouse

Perpetually Wondering Why
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deadeyemouse.wixsite.com
Jonathan - He wouldn't exactly be enthusiastic about going to a costume party, but he is going due to pressure from his friends. Erin probably thought of some off the wall group costume idea and now Jonathan is forced to try and put something together. Let's say Heavy Metal Care Bears. Now he has to learn how to apply make-up and do his hair, should he wear platforms? Can Heavy Metal Care Bears wear beat up Converse? Andy will bring the camera, he never doesn't, so looking half-assed isn't an option. Maybe he should have Parker steal something for him, this is starting to add up.

If your MC was trapped on a deserted island, what would be 3 things they couldn't live without?

Nogetsune

Registered
Reaction score
1) Her AI companion and "familiar," Schrodinger the cat. He (or rather it, but it is programmed to act and identify as male) pretty much runs her entire life for her, so without him she'd be utterly lost.

2) An PSI converter; as an S+ Class ESPer she could generate enough energy from her own PSI energy to last for years on the island before being drained out.

3) A computer, and particularly one with a VR headset and interface to let her get away from whatever terrible reality she may find herself in there. The PSI converter would be used to power this, largely. She simply could not part with her VR self, the VRMMO worlds she loves, and all her VR possessions.

Your MC is brought before whatever being(s) hold sway over the afterlife of your world, and is given a "life review" to determine where they will go; heaven (or your world's version of it) or hell (or your world's version of it). In their review, is their most standout good deed and what is their most standout sin, and where are they ultimately sent after the review?

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Zeb -- The worst sin he's ever done would be robbing a bank (and got caught). The best thing he's ever done was save a stranger's life when her heart stopped (this woman became his wife). Ironically, the good deed occurred 30 minutes after the sin.

Basically, he robbed a bank, got caught, and on the way to the jail, the police got a report of a woman having a heart attack and that the ambulance wouldn't get there in time. Zeb has lightning powers and was able to shock the woman back to life after the police's CPR couldn't preform CPR

In the end he would go to the good place because after he saved the woman's life the city awarded him a job as a EMT and he only had to do community service for his crime

What was the best present your MC ever got?

Coddiwomple

shipwrecked in antiquity
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to say she never got any presents — neglected childhood, ya know — but then I remembered that her mysterious friend left her little gifts on a rock ledge in the woods:

She received a glossy black feather, a stone with an imprint of ancient shells on one flaked side, and once, a tiny perfect skull of some animal, bone white and delicate.

Does your MC have an obvious blind spot about him or herself — physical or psychological — that everyone else knows about?

Last edited:

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Does your MC have an obvious blind spot about him or herself — physical or psychological — that everyone else knows about?

MC from 40,000 years ago: not really that I can think of.

Cloned Neandertal MC from the near future: he's a lot less mature (psychologically) than he thinks he is. Neandertals had shorter childhoods than Homo sapiens, so he's fully grown at 15 (level of physical development equivalent to a male Homo sapiens in his early 20s) - but psychologically, he's got no more emotional maturity or life experience than any other 15 year old, and he's also a bit of a risk taker and doesn't think things through, even by the standards of the average 15 year old. Plus he's still at school (and gets detentions for things like play-fighting in the school canteen because a friend bet him a fiver that he couldn't knock him down). So he thinks he's all mature and can cite research papers that prove he's an adult, but he doesn't particularly act like one - but no-one can really say that because they don't think it's fair to judge him by Homo sapiens standards because he's not a Homo sapiens - he's from a species that had to hunt large animals like bison and woolly rhino by ambushing them at close range.

Your MC is given a box. They are told by someone very important (like a head of state, deity, or someone else with a lot of power) that they must not, under any circumstances, open the box. Do they open the box?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Shade-- She wouldn't because it makes for bad publicity with her being famous and all.
Wintermin- He would be too scared to because who knows what's inside?

If your MC could learn one secret from someone, who would they pick?

Deadeyemouse

Perpetually Wondering Why
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deadeyemouse.wixsite.com
Jonathan - I guess that would depend at what point in the story we are in with the MC. For most of it, he would want to ask anyone who knew or God himself, if he exists, not that Jonathan can believe it. In his opinion, something like God is too fantastical an idea to be real, life is too boring and mundane for that. Anyhow, if he could, he'd ask God "So, if all life for most people is just this repeated rat race to get by, pay bills, and work themselves into a boring death. What's the point?"

If your MC could pick one super power (that they don't already have, if they do have powers), what would it be and why?

Last edited:

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
Grant - I think Grant would want to be able to have short-term time traveling abilities since it would allow for him to quickly learn from his mistakes and choose the better path since he messes up so often.

If your MC's aura had a color what would it be and why?

Last edited:

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
My MC is a violet child. She wants to make a difference in the world doing something creative. She loves music but knows she's never going to make it as performer, so her goal is to open her own tiny record label and put beautiful (but not necessarily commercially viable) music.

Your MC has just been arrested for committing a crime. What is it and why did they do it?

Last edited:

JenWantsCoffee

Registered
Reaction score
Lyla would probably be arrested for trespassing. She does a lot of wandering around places she's not supposed to be... like old, abandoned theme parks outside of New Orleans.

If your MC could visit any place on earth, where would it be and why?

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Lyla would probably be arrested for trespassing. She does a lot of wandering around places she's not supposed to be... like old, abandoned theme parks outside of New Orleans.

If your MC could visit any place on earth, where would it be and why?

Cloned Neandertal MC: the cave where his "twin brother" - the man they cloned him from - was buried, which is now an archaeological site. If by "place" you mean "time and place" he would go back in time there and see his own people - how they lived, what they were like, see what his own heritage/culture was all about. He, like anyone, has a deep need to connect with his own people, but he's separated from them by so much time.

MC from 40,000 years ago: He'd want to go up into the sky and see what's up there, or see what's under the land. He doesn't have a concept of "Earth" - just the lands his people live on and the sky above them. He'd especially like to know what's above the clouds. No reason, just the basic desire to learn and discover more.

What's your MC's biggest vulnerability? (physical or psychological or both)

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Shade-- She can't handle being told she's wrong by strangers. By her friends she laughs it off, but if it's someone out of nowhere who says her show stinks, she's a mess
Wintermin-- His weakness is his curse, and how he's deathly afraid of anyone finding out. He'll just take off running when he feels it coming on.

What's one of the rules your MC has to live by that he/she can't stand?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
What's one of the rules your MC has to live by that he/she can't stand?

J: “Keeping the secret about who we are. We’re not supposed to tell outsiders because it could endanger us and arouse too much jealousy. I mean, I understand that to a point, but I couldn’t even tell one of the most important people in my life, and it made a mess of things. It’s happening again, with someone else now. Man, I hate living a lie all the time!”

If your MC was writing a memoir or autobiography, what would (s)he title it?

Last edited:

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
Magick & Misery: Memoirs of a half-human otherworlder

If your MC could have a theme song to fit them, what would it be and why?

Spy_on_the_Inside

Registered
Reaction score
Rhode: Seven Nation Army, but the version by Zella Day

Is your character the type who would still go trick or treating as a teenager?

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
Grant has some issues with Halloween as he was born that day too. Due to some traumatic incident with his Aunt and Uncle it left him feeling like he was something evil and wicked so he doesn't partake in anything on Halloween or even like celebrating his birthday.

Does your character have a favorite holiday?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Shade- Libberrost.

The story takes place a couple hundred years in the future, so Libberrost, is a warped version of Halloween. People on Libberrost dress up like celebrities instead of "imaginary things." Shade (being a celebrity herself) loves riding on floats, getting candy, and dressing up as herself and seeing what people say about her.

What is your MC's least favorite chore?

Odile_Blud

-_-
Registered
Reaction score
A cave. (I power the internet with my imagination)
I don't think he cares for any chores. He didn't have to do chores until he left his creator's house (what a creator is in this context is more than I want to explain here), but I guess once he moved in with the guy who let him stay with him he did a few chores. I don't think he cared to do any of them. But I'll take a shot uh...dishwashing.

What is your character's beliefs, ideologies, worldviews, etc.?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Shade-- She prefers to wear red because she thinks she looks good in it, but her costume designer thinks she looks horrible in it. Which only makes her want to wear it more.

What does your MC worry about the most?

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
Grant - he's scared that he'll slip up and reveal his true form to someone accidentally and what consequences that will have for him.

What does your MC dream about the most?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
What does your MC dream about the most?

S: "Mostly it's dreams about the accident, but lately, I've been having this weird, recurring one about searching for something, though I don't know what. Every time I think that I'm getting close to discovering it, however, I get interrupted or told to turn back, and it shocks me awake." :Shrug:

Where does your MC see himself/herself ten years from now?

Last edited:

onceuponatime

Learning and growing
Registered
Reaction score
Where does your MC see himself/herself ten years from now?

Carmen: She thinks that she wants to have a safe, quiet life on the coast, far away from the danger and drama of her home capital. Really, though, she wants validation and to have other people to look up to her - and that means staying and playing the games of a highly competitive court environment.

What is your MC's 'type'? What do they find attractive?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What is your MC's 'type'? What do they find attractive?

Hale would once have said that his type was brown skin, sleek dark hair, dark eyes, and a voice to give your right arm for.

Now he's crushing on a girl with pale skin, dark brown hair, light brown eyes glinting with mischief.

Is your MC likely to take charge or prefer to follow someone else?