Game: How Well Do You Know Your MC?

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Terribly. Laney is 11 in the part I'm editing, so she doesn't know what half this stuff is.

OK, fine. Once she gets to an appropriate age, her performance is average. She won't be offended by much, but she takes herself too seriously to let loose and have a sense of humor.

How would your MC react to the idea of Cards Against Humanity? Would they be offended? Is there a specific area (e.g. religious humor, Holocaust jokes) they won't touch?

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Terribly. Laney is 11 in the part I'm editing, so she doesn't know what half this stuff is.

OK, fine. Once she gets to an appropriate age, her performance is average. She won't be offended by much, but she takes herself too seriously to let loose and have a sense of humor.

How would your MC react to the idea of Cards Against Humanity? Would they be offended? Is there a specific area (e.g. religious humor, Holocaust jokes) they won't touch?

Rayna would much prefer to play Apples to Apples. She doesn't like vulgar, crude, irreverent, or cruel humor.

If your MC could only eat one food for the rest of eternity, what would it be and why?

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
Chocolate, baby!

Especially if its dunked in a hot cup of tea (she is British, after all). In Claire's opinion, the ooey-gooey chociness is the 8th deadly sin. And the combination of the two makes all her problems vanish, that is until she starts to feel sick from overeating it.

If your MC was in a duel to the death, what weapon would they choose?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Spindle would probably just use her magical powers of controlling people's body movements. She doesn't like to use her powers as she sees them as too powerful in the wrong hands, but if she had to, that's what she'd choose.

Who would be your character's favorite Disney character?

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
My MC is a blacksmith, so maybe the genie in Alladin. Not sure as I am not a huge Disney fan.

What is your characters best dance move?

Animad345

Registered
Reaction score
This is a total cop-out, but if you asked him, he'd say that he didn't have one. Headbanging, at a push? Is that a dance move?

​Does your MC have a pet?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Spindle's dad has a collie dog, but he takes it on his long business trips, so his kids don't really consider it their pet, but rather his.

What's on your character's bucket list?

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
To meet a Ghostbuster or a member of the Goonies. Claire isn't bothered which.

Your character wakes up on the streets of London in the 17th century. What's the first thing they do?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Barney would probably figure the inventor he lived with was messing with the time machine last night and go searching for him.

Would your MC prefer to be taller or shorter than their current height?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Spindle would want to be shorter because it would make her look more human and less alien-ish.

Would your character rather live in a big city or the countryside?

Meemossis

Registered
Reaction score
Claire lives behind a computer, where she can get everything she needs with a click of a button. She doesn't need the hustle and bustle of city life. The country life is perfect for her, as long as her internet doesn't pack in.

What would be the one thing your MC would save if their house were on fire.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Barney would save his watch. He has a special watch that sprays him with a calming dust that keeps him from turning into an alligator creature when he becomes upset.

Does your MC prefer movie theaters or watching movies at home?

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
Barney would save his watch. He has a special watch that sprays him with a calming dust that keeps him from turning into an alligator creature when he becomes upset.

Does your MC prefer movie theaters or watching movies at home?

cloned Neandertal MC: before his existence was announced in the Journal of Human Evolution, which led to him instantly becoming world famous, he would've had a hard time deciding which he preferred. But since becoming famous he'd definitely prefer to watch films at home, away from people who call themselves Homo sapiens sapiens but act anything but wise. As his you tube channel's making a fair bit of money, he can buy himself a decent home cinema system.

MC from 40,000 years ago: he likes sitting around the fire in the evening hearing the elders tell stories. I don't think he'd cope with seeing creatures from the stories brought to life on a big screen as it's too far beyond his experience and he'd have no way to know that they're not real. A small screen (phone-sized) would intrigue him but then he would worry that the creatures are trapped in the phone and he'd want to free them. So probably he'd prefer to keep on listening to stories told around the fire.

How many languages does your main character speak (or sign, or any other way of communicating) and what are they?

hjrey

Registered
Reaction score
cloned Neandertal MC: before his existence was announced in the Journal of Human Evolution, which led to him instantly becoming world famous, he would've had a hard time deciding which he preferred. But since becoming famous he'd definitely prefer to watch films at home, away from people who call themselves Homo sapiens sapiens but act anything but wise. As his you tube channel's making a fair bit of money, he can buy himself a decent home cinema system.

MC from 40,000 years ago: he likes sitting around the fire in the evening hearing the elders tell stories. I don't think he'd cope with seeing creatures from the stories brought to life on a big screen as it's too far beyond his experience and he'd have no way to know that they're not real. A small screen (phone-sized) would intrigue him but then he would worry that the creatures are trapped in the phone and he'd want to free them. So probably he'd prefer to keep on listening to stories told around the fire.

How many languages does your main character speak (or sign, or any other way of communicating) and what are they?

Ferra speaks two languages: Volenese and Nurupti, but can understand parts of Mulv.

How does your main character keep track of their money?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Spindle doesn't have a job because she spends most of her day baby-sitting her adopted sibling, but she wants to save up to go to college to become a doctor. That is until she finds her real, super-rich alien parents.

How would your character feel if they read the book they were in?

anna.quinn

Registered
Reaction score
Spindle doesn't have a job because she spends most of her day baby-sitting her adopted sibling, but she wants to save up to go to college to become a doctor. That is until she finds her real, super-rich alien parents.

How would your character feel if they read the book they were in?

I think my MC Emira would be horrified due to a few reasons. My WIP splits into a dual POV when she is separated from the group so I think she'd be cursing their dumb actions without her and how worried they got. Then she'd also be horrified at people being able to see her inner thoughts and all that happened when she was separated. I think she'd find a few parts funny though.

Would you and your MC be friends? Why or why not?

neandermagnon

Nolite timere, consilium callidum habeo!
Registered
Reaction score
I think my MC Emira would be horrified due to a few reasons. My WIP splits into a dual POV when she is separated from the group so I think she'd be cursing their dumb actions without her and how worried they got. Then she'd also be horrified at people being able to see her inner thoughts and all that happened when she was separated. I think she'd find a few parts funny though.

Would you and your MC be friends? Why or why not?

cloned Neandertal MC: if we were to meet near the start of the story, we'd be friendly - not best buddies as I'm old enough to be his mum, but friendly. However later in the story he gets sick of meeting new people as he's quite introverted and doesn't like being famous so he starts refusing to interact with people he doesn't already know well. At that point he'd probably refuse to even talk to me so friendship wouldn't happen.

MC from 40,000 years ago: there would be a language barrier, but I think he'd take pity on my complete lack of any skills that would have been useful in the upper palaeolithic era. Yes I know how to start a fire and do a little flintknapping, but my skill level at these would be laughable compared to his and what his people would expect of an adult. But he's a compassionate person and would want to help me. I'd more likely end up being friends with his mum but I'd be on amicable terms with him. I'm rubbish at languages though so I don't think I'd be able to pick up much of their language but they'd be nice to me anyway.

Who is your MC's favourite superhero (or equivalent in their world) and why?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Joshua-Gabe: His favorite superhero is Mr. D. He flies around in a spaceship and stops bad guys. Joshua-Gabe learns, though, that Mr. D is his friend's uncle.

What tattoo would your MC get if they had to get one?

Kat M

Ooh, look! String!
Registered
Reaction score
Either a banjo or something in her grandmother's handwriting. Neva was very close to her grandmother growing up, and they shared a love of old-time music, learning the banjo together.

. . . as I write this, maybe she SHOULD have a tattoo already. She was devastated when her grandmother went into memory care and is still working through that. Medically, she can't get one right now in the story.

Which relative is your MC closest to, and why? If there are none, why not?

Ariel.Williams

Registered
Reaction score
His big brother Trevor. But he may or may not be kidnapped by supervillains and/or actually dead so ... sucks.

Speaking of supervillains, if your MC had superpowers, what would they be?

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
My MC is a shapeshifter.

What common trait would your MC use to defeat a super power?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
My MC's really smarts, so I think she would use her wits to defeat someone. (Besides using her own powers of course).

Where does your MC see themself in five years?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Billie would be 17 in five years so he sees himself as his current crush's boyfriend and still in his team of agents.

Does your MC like to play video games?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Kindle did like to play video games...before she discovered that her parents were using her through them.

Does your character wear any kind of special jewelry?