Game: How Well Do You Know Your MC?

ReadWriteRachel

Probably drinking coffee.
Registered
Reaction score
Serena: "I prefer ballet flats and sneakers. It depends on what outfit I'm wearing."
J: "I wear running shoes most of the time, in case I need to make a quick get-away."

What is your MC's favorite book?

Louise doesn't usually bother with books, and she doesn't know anyone in her pirate clan who does, either -- there's too much to do! If she has a spare hour or so aboard the ship, she might pick up whatever's lying around and read until she finds something better to do.

If your MC could have one thing to eat for the rest of their life, what would it be?

Pancubuzz

Registered
Reaction score
Laura: Tomatoes
Lizzie: Cakes, cakes, and more cakes!

If your MC was stuck on a deserted island, who would they want to be stuck with?

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Without hesitation, Lindsay says he wants to be stuck with his squadron. If he can only pick one person, he picks Nate, one of the guys on his squadron. Warrior brothers will fight together, die in combat together, or die on a deserted island together. (Or maybe they build a raft and chance it back to the mainland. They both don't really care, as long as they're attempting to survive together.)

Does your MC believe in a higher power?

paradoxikay

everything happens so much
Registered
Reaction score
Tristan used to consider herself an atheist, but as she learned more about magic she started to realize there is a higher power (and one she finds more comforting than God, besides). She doesn't worship magic, but she greatly respects it.

Does your character get their daily 8 ounces of water?

flarue

Dreaming of Waltzes & Fantasy Lands
Registered
Reaction score
Tristan used to consider herself an atheist, but as she learned more about magic she started to realize there is a higher power (and one she finds more comforting than God, besides). She doesn't worship magic, but she greatly respects it.

Does your character get their daily 8 ounces of water?

J: "Probably not, but it's not as big of a concern for, uh, someone like me. I do drink water, but food is more important in terms of what I'm supposed to be keeping track of daily."

S: "No, but maybe I should. Maybe it's one of the reasons I've been sick lately. I'm willing to try and see if that makes a difference."

J: "Good luck with that."

Who is your MC's best friend?

ReadWriteRachel

Probably drinking coffee.
Registered
Reaction score
J: "Probably not, but it's not as big of a concern for, uh, someone like me. I do drink water, but food is more important in terms of what I'm supposed to be keeping track of daily."

S: "No, but maybe I should. Maybe it's one of the reasons I've been sick lately. I'm willing to try and see if that makes a difference."

J: "Good luck with that."

Who is your MC's best friend?

Her brother, Ward. They're only fourteen months apart, so they've always been close, but they became virtually inseparable after their parents succumbed to the white fever. It's what drives Louise, and why she's willing to risk a dangerous deal with the Silver Sirens for the chance at a magic wish to cure him now that he's contracted it, too -- the white fever is a death sentence, and she can't bear to lose him.

What does your MC do in their spare time?

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
He offers his gun up for hire. Sometimes he hires out as a bodyguard. Sometimes he's hired to protect a wagon train. Lindsay gets nervous and unsettled if he's not doing something adrenaline inducing. Spare time often leads to trouble. :D Best he's doing something productive.

When was the last time your MC cried? What was happening?

Emily Patrice

Registered
Reaction score
Wynter cried for joy upon arriving at her high school graduation. Her older brother Jesse pushed her through high school with hours of tutoring, after a rocky start, and he was so proud of her that he cried too.

If your MC were to start obsessively collecting something, what would they collect?

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
If your MC were to start obsessively collecting something, what would they collect?

Elvie does have something she collects: ribbons. She's always had a fondness for pretty clothes and fancy dresses, but her father didn't want to buy her clothes that were too expensive, could easily be ruined, or were things he didn't consider "appropriate" for regular use. So her mother suggested that she could use ribbons to spruce up her style, and Elvie soon fell in love with them. She has dozens of ribbons of varying sizes, colours, and styles that she uses as adornments for herself and her stuff.

What does your MC do or wear to stand out? Or what do they do or wear to not stand out?

KayMitch

Registered
Reaction score
Elvie does have something she collects: ribbons. She's always had a fondness for pretty clothes and fancy dresses, but her father didn't want to buy her clothes that were too expensive, could easily be ruined, or were things he didn't consider "appropriate" for regular use. So her mother suggested that she could use ribbons to spruce up her style, and Elvie soon fell in love with them. She has dozens of ribbons of varying sizes, colours, and styles that she uses as adornments for herself and her stuff.

What does your MC do or wear to stand out? Or what do they do or wear to not stand out?

Ember wears a jeweled headdress to cover up a birthmark on her forehead. This birthmark marks her as the missing princess of the realm and she doesn't want anyone to know that she is that girl. Going back to her father is the last thing she ever wants to do and the world knowing that notorious pirate Dragon Fire Ember and Princess Hannah are the same person would have devastating consequences.

What qualities does your character most value in other people?

Blinkk

Searching for dragons
Registered
Reaction score
Focus. He really appreciates people who can focus on their task and get things done. L gets fed up pretty fast when people's emotions or dramas prevent them from getting tasks done. Man...that made him sound cold but he's still a caring guy. I guess when there's down time, he'll take a few minutes out to deal with people's emotions then. But not while he's in the field. Stuff like that gets ya killed.

Is your MC close to their family? Why or why not.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
I have a crazy amount of MC's so I'm just going to choose randomly.
Flakepea: His only family is his wife, because he's one on the creators of the universe, but he considers the rest of the Elementals (the creators of the universe) like his family, too. Oh, and he and his wife are close.

Crover: He was an orphan until his older sister married into an enormous family (14 people). In 3000's families are highly valued. Also he is close with his family. His girlfriend is his sister-in-law (That's legal. I checked) and his best friend is his cousin.

Hobbes: His only family is his twin sister and since they have been orphans as long as they can remember, they consider the orphanage owners like family.

Anders: His family consists of his wife and two kids. He is close with all of them, especially his daughter.

Arthurette: Her family used to consist of her parents and her brother and sister, but her parents were killed by a robot, so now her older brother raises her and her younger sister. They are the closets sibling set I have ever made.

Is your MC a good cook or not? Sorry if this question's already been asked.

Last edited:

Aimless Lady

Head in the Clouds
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maggieblackbird.com
Is your MC a good cook or not? Sorry if this question's already been asked.

He can cook the basic stuff. Mac and cheese. Spaghetti with a jar of sauce.

What does your MC do when suffering from a bout of insomnia?

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Shade would probably take a walk to somewhere new or chat with someone that can't sleep either. Unless it's a nightmare from her enemy. Then she'd want answers.

Does your MC have nicknames? Do they like or hate them?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Lawrence Hart has two nicknames. Most people who would actually talk to or about him call him "Laurie." His bestie, on the other hand, insists on calling him "Ren." He preferred Laurie originally, but he's come to accept Ren, though he still pouts if Blake introduces him that way.

Does your MC have any interesting scars?

Lone Wolf

Registered
Reaction score
Does your MC have nicknames? Do they like or hate them?

Anna: the hero who is a fair bit older calls her "my girl" which she loves because its affectionate and makes her feel like she belongs to him (like family not slave!)

In her backstory she was teased by other kids and called "freak", and her father was worse using words like "useless" and "witch". Don't know if they count as nicknames. She certainly hated them!

What insignificant little habit in others really gets on your MC's nerves?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Does your MC have any interesting scars?
Josmo: yes, a garage collapsed during an avalanche and it really shattered his leg. He had to have surgery and has a scar.

Does your MC play a musical instrument?

Last edited:

rhiannon_writes

✿✿✿
Registered
Reaction score
Mel doesn't really, but she's starting to learn the piano. It's a convenient excuse to spend time with Finn.

What does your MC's room (or other personal space) look like right now? Pristine, dirty, or somewhere in between?

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Falls: She and her husband's room has a water bed (no surprise there. She is the creator of water.) On a shelf is her husband's collection of locks. Their room is usually neat, but that's compared to the others who live with her and her husband. (The others are mainly slobs) The ceiling is painted to look like a lake and the walls are orange with a silver design. (they agreed to disagree on a theme for the room.)

What would your MC's perfect ice cream flavor and topping be?

writerfrenzy

Registered
Reaction score
Her favourite ice cream flavour would be cookies and cream with chocolate chips on top.

What's an unpopular opinion your character has?

Greene_Hesperide1990

Protecter of the Garden
Registered
Reaction score
One's of Grant's favorite movies is The Last Dragon, which among his friends holds an unpopular view, but Grant can't help but love the movie for the kung-fu, 80's corniness and of course the "glow".

What is your character's favorite movie? Why?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What is your character's favorite movie? Why?

Evie must have loved the newest Wonder Woman because she already had WW as her screen saver on her phone (mocking her with Diana's general awesomeness).

Your MC finds themselves unexpectedly on Jeopardy. What category pops up that they rock at?

Jml42

new fish;learning about algal bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Evie must have loved the newest Wonder Woman because she already had WW as her screen saver on her phone (mocking her with Diana's general awesomeness).

Your MC finds themselves unexpectedly on Jeopardy. What category pops up that they rock at?

My MC is living in a hunter/gatherer civilization and has hardly any classical education, so she would seriously suck until Wilderness Survival pops up. But by that point - after being randomly thust onto Live TV in a strange world - her anxiety would’ve kicked in, so she probably would have already ran off-stage, found a quiet dark room like a utility closet, took her light jar out of her satchel and let it take her to her happy place.

If she was having a really good day, then no anxiety attack. She would’ve quickly realized the “answer-as-a-question” rule and thought it pretentious, but played along anyway until she either woke up or gathered enouh information to make her next move; escape.

What kind of music would your MC enjoy ice skating to?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
What kind of music would your MC enjoy ice skating to?

Ren would love to go ice skating to any music whatsoever (but he'd prefer something with, like, melody). He pushes Blake out the door at the mere suggestion of going ice skating. It absolutely does not matter to him that, as a ghost, he can't actually put blade to the ice. It still sounds fun. At the very least, he can laugh at Blake trying it out.

Blake would like something with a good drum beat, preferably something alternative. He actually knows how to skate, thank you very much, and would go out on the lake with his (human) friends back when he had them. He hasn't gone in years, and that all seems like too much work now, but he's sure it would be easy enough if he felt like going. Which he doesn't. Okay, okay, since Ren is so insistent, he'll go.

Your MC's home town/world/nation/kingdom is suffering a heatwave. How does your MC beat the heat?

Aerythia

Registered
Reaction score
Your MC's home town/world/nation/kingdom is suffering a heatwave. How does your MC beat the heat?

Zephyrae gets off lightly in a heatwave. As a windspeaker, she has the ability to command the ribbons of air that surround her. This means she can fulfill the role of human fan not only for herself, but for others nearby. I felt like my MC being a windspeaker just made answering this question too easy, so had a think about how my other character would deal with a heatwave, and realised the following;

Araminth would be the boring sensible one who insisted everyone get in shade and drink lots of water. She would be really, really insistent about it. Every 10 minutes she would throw another bottle of water into your hands.
Rhemi would laugh at everyone being so pathetic at a bit of sun and just get on with life as usual. I mean, seriously. It's the sun. You see it every day. You can't just let stuff grind to a halt because it's a little bit hot. Stupid people.
Camariel would just go inside and have lots of sex. Why beat a heatwave when you can just make things hotter instead?

Your MC goes to a modern day theme park. Culture shock aside, what type of ride would they aim for?