AW is an Amazon Affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Fairy Tale Retelling Seeking Beta Reader (35000 words)

Threaded View

Making Einstein cry since 1994 Maggie Maxwell's Avatar

Fairy Tale Retelling Seeking Beta Reader (35000 words)

As the title suggests, I have a fairy tale retelling in need of beta readers. It's got elements from a variety of fairy tales, but the framing device is The Goose Girl from the POV of the Handmaid. It's already had one reader on it, but I'd like another pair of eyes or two before submitting. I was hoping to have it ready for the Fireside or Tor open submission in early August. I should have posted this sooner. If that time frame doesn't work for you but you're still interested, I'm still happy to get your feedback on your own time. Anything at anytime is better than nothing, after all.

Brief Summary:

Two days ago, Gemma Warwick was just her princess's loyal handmaid and protector.
    Yesterday, a monster stole Gemma's body and trapped her in a reflection.
    Now, Gemma's borrowing a kind old witch's body. It's slow, it aches, and it has strange powers she doesn't know how to use, but it'll get her back to her princess, and no monster, army, or fairy tale is going to stand between them.

Thanks for taking a look.
    Last edited by Maggie Maxwell; 07-16-2018 at 07:01 PM.
    The insane who believe they are sane are crazy. The sane who know they are insane are writers.

Love Letters From Robots now on Daily Science Fiction
    Like I Need a Hole in the Head in the Broad Knowledge anthology

Writing: Blog (updated 03/27/18)| Twitter | Pinterest | Wattpad
    Gaming: Twitch (Streaming Mon, Weds, & Thurs @ 7PM EST, Sun @ 3PM EST) | Twitter | Youtube | Discord