THE OFFICIAL "I NEED A HUMOR CRIT" THREAD (Got Humor in SYW? Tell us here!)

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
If you've come here because you've posted something in Share Your Work in response to one of the humor prompts and need feedback, you've come to the right place.

Or if you have posted ANY humorous work in Share Your Work and need a crit, you can ask for it here.

Post your requests for critiques below.

Barb

P.S. For those folks kind enough to offer critiques, please post them in SYW instead of here. It will make it easier on everyone. Thanks!

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
Just a small list on Share Your Work

If you have a minute and want a laugh, you might surf over to Share Your Work for a Prompt response by me.

No need to crit it. I did it for fun.

Thanks Allen

Englishmaninhouston

Registered
Reaction score
Tell me if this is funny

On the main humor writing page I posted a thread that says tell me if this is funny in which my short "The Fantastic Lives Of John and Rob episode 2" is posted. I have had very few people read it but they all say that it made them laugh, so hopefully it makes you laugh.

guy1782

Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Critique me

I have written a Mockumentary style parody of a ballet competition and posted it on screenwriting critique board. Its called "Burning Ambition" (alt. title Losers). Everyone that posted said it was funny, I would really appreciate further comments and especially help in deciding which opening is funniest out of three which I posted just now on this very humour writing forum, hope thats acceptable. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Last edited:

batyler65

Plot Monkey
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Guy,
Welcome! You've come to the right place to ask for crits.
I am going to move your actual piece over to the Share Your Work forum (there's a Humor subsection). You might get a wider audience there.

Barb

allenparker

Naked Futon Guy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allenparker.net
In SYW

I made my own prompt for Halloween. If you got a minute, buzz over. If you have a costume that fits this group, share it with me. You can crit if you want, but this was for fun.... You can also steal thisif you wish....

Allen

Graham

Registered
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how Australian humour translates into global humour. Is it permissible to post a story in SYW to determine if our humour makes the journey across the great divide?

Regards

Graham

Registered
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have posted a story in SYW and hope that you find it entertaining. It io entitled, The Mosquitoe Creek Union. I would appreciate your comments either via the forums of in private, whichever you feel comfortable with.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Graham

salhab

help

i cant get into the share your work forum because it has a password, can anyone help me be able to 'share some work'????

rich

I'd like to comment on some of the work here, but I'm a bit stupid. For instance, I have two passwords one for poems, the other for greeting cards, but I can't seem to get in them. I probably need cookies, (no oreo jokes please)

Will somebody here give me the password and a way to get my cookies off?