print on demand

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonandmonk

While I was writing my book, I researched POD as I knew I wanted to self publish. I was lucky to find a local company, Blitzprint that did a good job for me. he quality was excellent and it was only a few hundred bucks for formatting. I tried Booksurge, but found them lackking

Dave

www.demonandmonk.com

mreddin

Dreamer
Registered
Reaction score
Could you share with us how your sales have been and whether you achieved any bookstore placement (if that was a goal)?

demonandmonk

mreddin said:
Could you share with us how your sales have been and whether you achieved any bookstore placement (if that was a goal)?

sales started slow (its only been available for a month) but I made sure I did my ground work - setting up a decent site, and I approached local book stores who are taking the book on consignment, I talk to everyone, especially those in my city who are involved with the organizations that I am associated with. I have 1 tv interview coming up, two local publications are reviewing the book, and I have been asked to speak to some youth and parent groups. I try to work on marketing every day, including sending e-mails to magazines, andother media outlets. I drop off copies to local media personalities who interview authors. Can you say Stalker? Orders are coming in.

I also started to send out copies to publishers - they get to see the finished product as well as my marketing efforts and soon my reviews. If I get picked up, great! If not - nothing changes, I have to sell my product. I also let publishers and anyone else know I have a second book complete and in editing phase.

I approched local publications, and I am writing articles for them for additional exposure. I am trying to position myself as an "expert".

Dave

http://www.demonandmonk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.