The AW Withdrawal symptoms...

Status
Not open for further replies.

imperio59

Registered
Reaction score
So... Since AW is back now, I thought I'd start a thread on what withrdrawal symptoms you experienced while AW is down...

I personally had the urge to check on the website every 10 minutes...

Good news though is I finished my novel in the meantime :p

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Every 10? Slacker. I was clicking every 3.4 minutes and wondering if trying to get through to the server was just making the problem worst ;)

DwayneA

Registered
Reaction score
I've tried accessing the site every few hours. I saw on a website that the forum had been shut down for good, but it was two years old!

Anyway, it's good that the site is back online.

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
yesterday i was a bit obsessed and i checked it every minute or so, sad but true.

then this morning i found the refugee camp and i was so excited to finally talk to people from AW again! :Hug2:

imperio59

Registered
Reaction score
Well I was writing as well, that's why it was only every ten minutes haha!
I was also on IRC waiting, that helped a bit.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just missed all you guys A TON! And I had to lurk in the chatroom to survive. I have also been horribly sick since the forums went down...go figure.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I was beginning to think it was just me, and linking everyone on my buddy list with "IT'S NOT LOADING FOR YOU EITHER, RIGHT!?"

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
hi Kitty! The chat room was kinda fun. Got to meet people I wouldn't regularly on the board.

tehuti88

Mackinac Island Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.inkspot.com
Just this morning I went and posted a glum blog entry wondering what had become of the only really decent writing forum I've found! Then I found the Big Boards (sic?) stats and saw that I apparently wasn't the only one not getting in (unfortunately I don't know anyone here and have nowhere else to see if the site is working :( ), then decided to buy a book I've been wanting at Amazon, then decided to try this place again before logging off...and it's back. Well! The timing!

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
I just missed all you guys A TON! And I had to lurk in the chatroom to survive. I have also been horribly sick since the forums went down...go figure.

Me, too! Thanks for the brainstorming help, by the way. You helped me break through the block in my scene. I'm off and running again!

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Hi, my name is Susan, and I'm an AW-aholic.

Luckily I can get me some AW now. I was missing the boards, bigtime!

Phew. AW is back. :)

Susan G.

Ciera_

My symptoms....well, I was watching a lot of LOST episodes that I've already seen...checking AW, Nathan Bransford's blog, and my regular daily comic site, all of them every four minutes or so, to see if AW was back or the others had miraculous updates to entertain me.
I've also been, y'know....socializing with REAL people...my friends are currently here at my house...in person so, thank god AW is back and I can try to find a polite way to tell these meatspace people that I no longer require their company and they can please leave me to my forumming now. ^.^

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
I can breathe easy now. Everything is back exactly as it was before. Including that, ahem mods?, holiday manger scene that has stayed up there looooong after the holidays. But I'm not complaining. I'm just glad I can type these words on AW's site again. :Hug2:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
It was so awful. My head still hurts, and I'm all out of vodka now. I wrote a despondent blog post, and a bunch of us stormed Facebook and Twitter, but it just wasn't the same.

Plus I....I....

*gulp*

I wrote a synopsis I don't even need. Just because!

*sob*

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I checked a few dozen times, that's all. And only twice this morning before it came back up, so I'm feeling proud of myself.

But it's back and I'm off the wagon again. :D

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I checked every couple hours, and managed okay. Although the twitching and drooling got a bit old.

Madisonwrites

The Unicorn Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madisonlovestowrite.blogspot.com
I :heart: AW!!! I tried to join the refugee camp, but it wasn't letting me register. :rant: I checked several times every time I was online to see if it was back up. I like this site more than Facebook! It's my fav web page EVER! :D

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Well I got almost 4K of my WIP done, so I guess the AW downtime wasn't the WORST thing to happen to me.

*clings to the forum for dear life* neverleavemeagainbaby

angelgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! I never realized how much time I spend lurking around the boards until they weren't there. :( I was slightly panicked. I am so happy that everything is back up and running. :hooray: Welcome back, everyone!

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It was a shocking experience! I discovered - you'll never believe this! - I live with this guy, three cats, and a dog! And the guy says we've been married for YEARS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.