Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmccoy

A sphincter says what?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.necrotictissue.com
This is a repost, but I made a purchase today and ask that anyone who can afford to, help out. This is a Pro Pay market we as writers can't afford to lose:

Please help APEX BOOKSMany on my friends list are writers and artists within the horror, sci-fi and fantasy genre. Many also have worked published by the ever decreasing Small Press. Well if you are a writer and want to keep publishing your work in the genre you love...PLEASE SUPPORT THE GENRE. Each week another magazine or publisher folds or is swallowed up by the economic nightmare sweeping the globe.

I am here by making an appeal. APEX BOOKS is in trouble. They need a insertion of funds to keep going. I have bought a title from them. I have done my part as a writer and a lover of the genre. As writers we expect to keep sending out our work, keep getting contracts, keep getting paid and not all of us give back. What would you do one morning if you woke up and there were no more markets to submit your work to? No one would read your stories, your novels, your scripts. No one would buy any of your work. No one would send an email telling you that your story gave them the creeps. What if you woke up one morning and the genre you love had all but disappeared? I don't know about anyone else but life would be dull. Creativity would seem futile and I would be sad to miss out on amazing work that my fellow mankind used to create...USED TO. Remember those words.
Apex books also runs Apex Digest, now named Apex Magazine. They are one of the good ones. Pro rates. Did you read that, PRO-RATES. Amazing work by some of the finest writers today. Science fiction and Horror that both entertains and delights. Please if you love your genre do not let this one go too. Do not let Apex close. We need to support our small press the way it supports us. Friends of mine have work there. I hope to have work there some day and I am doing my part. I have pitched in and bought what I could afford. I didn't just sit back and let it happen. I did something. Have you?
Below is the appeal and link by the owner of Apex books, it spells out how much more they need and the link to their site. Time is running out. Please help in any way you can. Read on:

We did a healthy $203.45 yesterday. However, the goal is still beyond the horizon. Way beyond. And tonight is the end of the sales drive.
To reach $2500, another $1026.50 still needs to be raised.
Let's break this down…That's only 64 books at $15.95. If only 64 people ordered one of the $15.95 books, we'd hit our goal.
Considering there are 8 billion people on the globe finding 64 people with $15.95 should be easy, right? Free shipping kicks in at $25. That's only 41 orders at $25. Tell your friends.
Ask your preacher to buy a copy of "Orgy of Souls" for each member of his (her) congregation. Your punk brother will love "The Next Fix." Your girlfriend will adore the heart-wrenching memoirs of "Beauty & Dynamite."
If you're a teacher, "Hebrewpunk" is a great introduction to Jewish fantasy for high school students.
"I Remember the Future" is a great gateway for introducing readers to hard SF. Buy somebody a copy of "Unwelcome Bodies" and I guarantee you they will think you're cool. Buy somebody a copy of "Mama's Boy and Other Dark Tales" and they will think you creepy.
$1026.50.
Here's the link: apex book company You know what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
!!!!!!
This is what I got when I clicked on that link:

The link you are trying to visit has been disabled.

You have reached a link that is no longer in service. That means the link was very naughty, and, much like head lice, had to be eliminated before it spread.

You may be asking yourself, 'Hey, what was it about that link that got it in trouble?' An excellent question! Usually, it's one of the following reasons:

- The link was spam! No one likes spammers, and we don't like their links.

- You almost got phished! There are people out there who want to steal your MySpace password. They want to log in as you and send spam, harass your friends, change your profile, and generally run amok. Phishing pages are usually designed to look like MySpace to trick you. Other sites may also ask for your MySpace login information to customize your profile, insert videos or slide shows, track visitors, or any number of other things.Don't make it easy for them. ONLY USE YOUR MYSPACE LOGIN INFO ON WWW.MYSPACE.COM!!

- Viruses are not fun! Neither is adware, spyware, or malware. We cut the links to places that are known sources of infection.

If you really did want to check out some spam, viruses, or phishing pages, we're really sorry to have interrupted. We're sure you can find it elsewhere. There's plenty on the Internet

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
This thread is closed pending communication from rsmccoy.

Pthom

Word butcher
Registered
Reaction score
It has been brought to my attention that the incorrect link was provided in rsmccoy's original post.

Here is the correct one. It is not spam. http://www.apexbookcompany.com/

Update:
I got a response from rsmccoy (who has no connection to APEX), to wit, in part:
rsmccoy said:
I publish Necrotic Tissue, so I guess we're competitors, [he and APEX] but first and foremost I'm a writer and writers need Pro Pay markets.

Many writers complain about the lack of these markets, but it is sad how few even subscribe. One Token market sale could pay for an annual subscription to most print mags.

APEX is dark SciFi ... I thought it was a market some of your writers would care about.
I think he's right. Go browse the APEX site (link above). I did, and wasn't disappointed. I think we, as writers, would be disappointed, however, were places such as APEX go away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.