Stepsister Scheme!

KosseMix

fixing a limp query...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kossemix.blogspot.com
I picked up this book today (store finally got it in, it was late!) and I love it. I was originally tentative about buying it - I loved Jim Hines' goblin books, but it was borne out of the fact that I love goblins in general, so I wasn't too sure whether I'd like a book about princesses. Princess have never been in my realm of interest.

I should have known better. The book is excellent.

Have you read it yet?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just got it today! Store failed at reserving it for me, but I was lucky enough to get the last copy on the shelf. It looks awesome...

KosseMix

fixing a limp query...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kossemix.blogspot.com
There are two more copies left on the shelf I got it from. But the last books stocked of his vanished pretty quickly, so I'm sure those will too! I got a phone call when the book came in from the store so I wouldn't miss one :)

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
I've been away from AW for a little while, and popped back in today. Just wanted to say that seeing this thread made my day - thanks! :)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Lindsey Lohan?

ETA: JCH's blog says he doesn't know anything about it. Well, good publicity, anyways.

Saw this on an unreliable Hollywood gossip site:

Lindsay Lohan is reportedly being lined up to play a modern Snow White on the big screen.

The Mean Girls star, 22, is being eyed up for a movie adaptation of fantasy author Jim Hines's new novel, The Stepsister Scheme. The book tells the story of a Snow White-like princess and her two stepsisters and their adventures.

The story, described by Hines as a cross between a fairytale and Charlie's Angels, has already got Hollywood executives buzzing.

A source says, "There is a lot of interest in adapting this book, especially off the back of the huge success of Twilight and Harry Potter.

"Talks are already underway with the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Miley Cyrus and Megan Fox already in the reckoning for lead roles."

Is it true? FWIW, the book isn't a 'modern' adaptation, and it isn't about Snow White and her stepsisters, it's about CINDERELLA and her stepsisters (duh, trashy hollywood website, Snow White doesn't have any stepsisters). Anyway, if any of it's true, a movie deal is very exciting news!

Last edited:

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
Anything's possible, but like I said, I haven't heard anything, nor has my agent. (If that changes ... well, I still won't be talking about it until everything is signed and finalized, at which point I'll be spilling beans all over the place :) )

It's been interesting watching the rumors, though. Hits to my web site have quadrupled, and the Amazon ranking has been pretty good this weekend. I'm not going to complain ;)

I think The Sun was the first to post it. I'm still curious how it got started to begin with, though...

jchines

Got the hang of it, here
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jimchines.com
If it happened, that would mean I might get the chance to introduce my daughter to Myley Cyrus. I'd be the Best Dad Ever! ;)