"Sent" PM's (including how to save PMs to PC... and rep comments too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I was clearing out my PM backlog and deleted a "sent" PM that I'd JUST sent off. On another board I use, deleting sent PM's before they're open means they never get to their destination. Is it the same here?

Reaction score
I don't think so. There's 'received' and 'sent' and that's it.

I know what you're referring to; some boards have 'received', 'outbox' and 'sent', but I've deleted messages I've only just sent and received replies to them so you'll be okay.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Only slightly off-topic... to anyone who's clearing out old PMs to make room... did you know you can save 'em to your PC first just in case you need to refer to them later? See this sticky thread:

Vanishing Rep Comments? (saving rep points and PMs to your hard drive)
http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97849

-Derek

Reaction score
I knew about PMs but didn't know you could do that with rep point comments as well.

That's good to know, what with me having such a fragile ego. :D

Deleted member 42

I was clearing out my PM backlog and deleted a "sent" PM that I'd JUST sent off. On another board I use, deleting sent PM's before they're open means they never get to their destination. Is it the same here?

Nope; it won't affect the person you sent it to.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Methinks they're still there, you just can't see 'em, only the first 500 display. (I could be wrong, but I believe that's the gist of past conversations.)

If that's the case then it's entirely possible in theory that someone, someday, will have time to set up rep comments in a "page" format, like forums and thread posts, so you can access all the reps you've ever received and wander chuckling down memory lane.

/content warning: could be talking crap.

-Derek

Deleted member 42

The comments, with a couple of rare special case exceptions, are still there.

It's just that's a bit of a strain to load them, and for certain much-repped folks, the page would just stall after the first couple thousand . . .

So Mac set it to display only the first 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.