Hi. Just Hi. From Me. The Person Who Is New. Very New.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hello there,

I seem to have posted a few times before finding my way to this here Newbie board to introduce myself, but Jed has convinced me it's better late than never, so... ahem.

Hello.

My name is Jenna and I like Sarina and cookies.

Sarina is my daughter, and cookies are cookies. They are both excellent. Chocolate chip. Not raisins. Not (bleh) oatmeal.

I am thirtymffmfffe, and I dislike doing dishes. I have trouble finding a pair of jeans that don't gap in the back and give tall people a peep at my underwears.

I am shorter than most people expect. My favorite color is red. My daughter thinks I am DeeDee Doodle from the Doodlebops, hence she calls out, "That's Mommy! That's Mommy!" whenever DeeDee starts to sing. I let her think it because DeeDee has an awesome voice. Awesomer than mine.

I drink a lot of fruit-flavored tea. I read mostly memoirs and biographies and practical nonfiction.

Joss Whedon is my hero, and Buffy and Angel are the greatest television serieses ever to exist in the history of the universe and you cannot be my friend if you disagree with me the end.

I'm in the middle of a heinous divorce and custody battle, and it has annihilated my entire concept of justice.

I have discovered I'm a pretty old fashioned girl, not to be confused with Ol' Fashioned Girl, though I don't mind being confused with her, because she is cool.

I write books. With words in them. I try to put all the words in the right order.

My latest book is The Marilyn Monroe Treasures, and it's just about sold out, so you should snap it up RIGHT NOW at your nearest Barnes & Noble if you can find it. Otherwise, I have to hope they'll reprint it fast. Can't believe they let it sell out right before the holidays. *Shakes fist at publishing industry.*

I do not drink alcohol and I have always been a bit on the nerdy side. I very much hope to have more kids, and to find a man who is awesome, not in that order. I also hope to find more cookies.

I have extremely dry hands. I don't have a single real celebrity crush, but if I were a guy, I'd have a crush on Jessica Alba.

Nice to meet you. This sure looks like a nice site. I think I might stay a while.

:hi:

Last edited:

A. Hamilton

here for a minute...catch me?
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Jenna. I sense that you and this board are going to have a long and beautiful relationship.
p.s. I have a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe that I will share with you, just cause Dee Dee Doodle sings better than you, so you will bake better than her.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to know you.

I too, have very dry hands. As we speak I have three cracked finger tips. I'm down a few, I had about 6 a week ago.

I'm a nail biter, so this doesn't help. How, you ask? Well, who wants dirty fingers in their mouth? Not I. So I wash, wash, wash. Dry, dry, dry. Crack, crack, crack.

Welcome. Good luck. :)

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hello there,

I seem to have posted a few times before finding my way to this here Newbie board to introduce myself, but Jed has convinced me it's better late than never, so... ahem.
Wow, another Jenna, cool :D .

And yes, better late than never. It only took you over 9000 posts before you finally got around to starting an intro thread. That has to be some kinda record for sure.

(You know you had me trawling through 250 odd pages of newbie threads just to see if you had made an introduction before. It turns out, you haven't)
Hello. My name is Jenna and I like Sarina and cookies.

I suppose I should do this right. Okay. Here goes.

Greetings and welcome to the watercooler Jenna :welcome:

You've come to the write place for all your writing needs. Don't forget to read the newbie guide, which is in a sticky thread at the top of the Newbie Forum. Any problems you can PM me and I'll see if I can help. If you have general questions for the moderators (mods) then you can also PM them privately, or in fact post in the Super-Dooper Newbie 'Ask the Mod' thread. The link is below in my sig line. Again, if you haven't already checked out the newbie guide, you really should :D . There's a wealth of info there, and it will probably make navigating Absolute Write a little easier.

Sarina is my daughter, and cookies are cookies. They are both excellent. Chocolate chip. Not raisins. Not (bleh) oatmeal.
Sarina is such a pretty name. And she's so cute too.
I am thirtymffmfffe,
I didn't get that? Thirty...?

and I dislike doing dishes. I have trouble finding a pair of jeans that don't gap in the back and give tall people a peep at my underwears.
Which is why I keep following you around the shops :D

I am shorter than most people expect. My favorite color is red. My daughter thinks I am DeeDee Doodle from the Doodlebops, hence she calls out, "That's Mommy! That's Mommy!" whenever DeeDee starts to sing. I let her think it because DeeDee has an awesome voice. Awesomer than mine.
No idea what that is at all. At least I'm not admitting I know what it is. I don't I tell you. I don't. Stop shining that light in my face.

I drink a lot of fruit-flavored tea. I read mostly memoirs and biographies and practical nonfiction.

Joss Whedon is my hero, and Buffy and Angel are the greatest television serieses ever to exist in the history of the universe and you cannot be my friend if you disagree with me the end.
Although I, of course, agree with you wholeheartedly, Kelly disagrees with you on that. She thinks some silly programe called Fireworm, or something like that, is the best ever.

I have discovered I'm a pretty old fashioned girl, not to be confused with Ol' Fashioned Girl, though I don't mind being confused with her, because she is cool.
And really sexy for an OFG too :D

I write books. With words in them. I try to put all the words in the right order.
Trying is good. Doing is of course better. But you've come to the right (write) place to get some help with word order and whatnot. We have a great forum for Basic Writing Questions which can come in handy. We also have a brilliant Grammar for Grasshoppers forum, which you also find helpful.

My latest book is The Marilyn Monroe Treasures, and it's just about sold out, so you should snap it up RIGHT NOW at your nearest Barnes & Noble if you can find it. Otherwise, I have to hope they'll reprint it fast. Can't believe they let it sell out right before the holidays. *Shakes fist at publishing industry.*
Bad publishing industry. Bad I say. Bad. Grrrrr.

If you needed some feedback on your work, which is always helpful, you could try posting some in our Share Your Work forum (the password is vista). The critiques can be harsh sometimes, so prepare yourself for that. Everyone means well, though. Their goal is to get you the best novel possible and to get it published. Also, it does help to bring them cookies :D . Also, you could critique some of the other members' work too. It is surprising how that can help with you own.

Something that can sometimes let a writer down, when they have a great novel that is well written and plotted, is the query letter and synopsis. You could try posting yours in the Query Letters & Synopses part of the Share Your Work Forum (password is vista) to get some feedback on that. Ya never know, it may help.

When your search for agents to represent you and your books begins, I would recommend two sites: www.agentquery.com and also www.querytracker.net. Searching for agents and publishers can be tricky, and knowing which are good and which, well let's just say may not as good, can be even trickier. The Bewares and Background Check Forum should help you with this. Something I would recommend for everyone who is searching for a pubisher/agent is to check them out first. If only everyone did, there would be a lot less heartache afterwards.

Also check out the Ask the Agent forum for help with agents and such. We have Nathan Bransford, who is our resident agent, and Jennifer Laughran as a guest agent answering agent related questions at the moment.

I do not drink alcohol and I have always been a bit on the nerdy side. I very much hope to have more kids, and to find a man who is awesome, not in that order. I also hope to find more cookies.
Well, I am awesome, love kids (although couldn't eat a whole one) and I also have lots of cookies :D . Did I mention that Buffy and Angel are simply the best shows ever? :D :D :D :D

(although Stargate really is best show ever, but you wont find out that until afterwards and then it'll be too late, Bwahahahahahahahaha)

I have extremely dry hands. I don't have a single real celebrity crush, but if I were a guy, I'd have a crush on Jessica Alba.

Nice to meet you. This sure looks like a nice site. I think I might stay a while.
:hi:

Plus, if you haven't stopped by the terrific Newbie Question of the Day thread yet, then don't forget to pop in and have a go at answering a few of the really easy questions (the link is in the sig line below). They are easy. Yep, they are. And it's so much fun. :D

Oh, and do you like double choc-chip cookies?

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW.

There are some really strange people here, but I think you will enjoy it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
:welcome:Nice to meet you. You remind me of someone else I met here.:D Your daughter is as beautiful as her mommy and I do believe mean people get their punishment in the end. Waiting for it to happen is the pain. Enjoy your stay.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Jenna! Where would this board be without you? :tongue

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Welcome, Jenna, from someone who's a lot newbier than you (though if posts in Office Party counted I'd be a lot closer to your post count.) Congrats on your book, though one would think if a book has done well the publishers would be on the ball to make more available. Still, you are on the right track when you have such an issue, so keep writing and we'll look forward to your next one as well as the next printing of The Marilyn Monroe Treasures. Ummm...welcome aboard?

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Seems a good time - new year and all - for introduction. For, each year - does not everything seem a bit newer - even if tis the same? In some ways, I think yes.

And, each day, we are all new with our waking. And a clean/fresh slate to work with. Even when we are geared to do the same, there is always something new. No, I do not talk on a new grey hair or wrinkle...but just a newness. Maybe tis a rebirth daily of hope in good.

Hope tis always new and fresh for there is always something to hope on. Especially when a hope has been met - we move that aside for a new.

Welcome to AW.

Pleasure to meet you.

Good luck and here's hoping all good comes your way.

Christine

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
You're a Froot Loop. I say you can stay. What the hell...I'm feeling very generous.

Welcome, Jenna!

Susan Breen

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to meet you officially. I'm shorter than people expect too, even when I'm wearing four inch heels, which is really discouraging. Best wishes for a very happy New Year.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Short women of the world, UNITE!

Welcome, Jenna. :D