Any textbook authors out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doja

Just wondering if we have any other textbook authors in the group?

My wife and I author college computer textbooks, although we also produce computer software and I've recently published my first non-fiction historical book. We've been writing computer textbooks for some 16 years now--got in on the ground floor with Windows and Excel, moved on to a concepts book and have been writing steadily ever since.

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
I'm trying... :)

I've got one computer textbook that I've got in outline form with lots of details, just haven't put it all together (Teaching Visual Basic with Role-Playing Games). I've had e-mails with an editor who is interested, but we haven't got past that yet.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
My alter ego just co-wrote an academic textbook that just had the final MSS approved and will be out some time this year. I am thinking of trying another on my own.

sunandshadow

Impractical Fantasy Animal
Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.comcast.net
I've written non-fiction essays on various topics in game design and literary theory, I have been collecting them as I write them in hopes that I will eventually have enough material for a book.

doja

I've been seeing more books that teach programming through game development. I've never tried one, but that's an interesting approach that just might work.

Although we've written tons of computer textbooks, we've never written one on programming. I've thought about it from time to time, but aside from my recent non-fiction WWII book, we keep coming back to computer concepts textbooks and application textbooks.

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
I war writing and publishing non fiction-scholarly articles for years and was compiling a textbook when a textbook publisher hired me to be the series editor for that subject. It can be lucrative although all publishers are taking a bit of a hit in this economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.