"New lamps for old!" (avatar exchange)

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
I can't make you one. What I do is go to google images and type in "christmas" and another word. I get tons of images to choose from.

Here are a few that I'm not going to use. You can have one of them, if you like: You'll have to shrink them down to avi size.

faeriequeenchristmas.jpg

cristfairy1.jpg

Xmas_Fairy_1200.jpg

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Alright, I just spent the last hour working in PaintBrush doing something I've never done before: I spliced together two totally different images. I didn't know it could be so much work. I'm sure all you fine people know of a faster way to do it than I did (one pixel at a time!). But this was the best solution I could come up with.

I now have a new avatar! :D

Merry Christmas! :cool:

(Somebody tell Mac we need a "holiday emoticon." Like maybe a pair of yellow smiley guys with antlers on their heads standing in a gentle snowfall, and they have red blinking noses.))

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I can't make you one. What I do is go to google images and type in "christmas" and another word. I get tons of images to choose from.

Here are a few that I'm not going to use. You can have one of them, if you like: You'll have to shrink them down to avi size.

They're very pretty but, but kinda sexy for my tastes. :)

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Wow! Those ARE pretty!

But I had my heart set on something with humor to it.

You can do what I did, which is a fairly simple plan.

First, you insult RT, then you taunt Dawno and, presto!, new avatar.

Happens all the time. You get used to it after a while. So you'll certainly get the 'something with humor to it', but you won't think it's nearly as funny as everyone else thinks. Now as far as I'm concerned, sparkly mistletoe on my stinger is golden for humor segues.

I couldn't have selected a better sparky for myself, no way. Obviously, you are avatar challenged, so I really see no other recourse for ya.

Insult RT.

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, I just spent the last hour working in PaintBrush doing something I've never done before: I spliced together two totally different images. I didn't know it could be so much work. I'm sure all you fine people know of a faster way to do it than I did (one pixel at a time!). But this was the best solution I could come up with.

I now have a new avatar! :D

Merry Christmas! :cool:

(Somebody tell Mac we need a "holiday emoticon." Like maybe a pair of yellow smiley guys with antlers on their heads standing in a gentle snowfall, and they have red blinking noses.))
Well done. I thought someone had done it for you. :)

By the way, I knew you wouldn't want something sexy, but those were the least sexy ones that I have. ;)

WHAT?!?

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score

Happens all the time. You get used to it after a while. So you'll certainly get the 'something with humor to it', but you won't think it's nearly as funny as everyone else thinks. Now as far as I'm concerned, sparkly mistletoe on my stinger is golden for humor segues.

I couldn't have selected a better sparky for myself, no way. Obviously, you are avatar challenged, so I really see no other recourse for ya.

Insult RT.

I already mentioned to PD the possibility of a tinfoil hat showing up on her avatar, owing to the conspiracy thread. :D

Actually, PD, you did a great job! You'll be able to manufacture your own evidence soon! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Insult RT.

I don't have the nerve to insult either RT or Dawno. (And Robeiae told me about the yucky toenail avatar that he was recently inflicted with against his will. So I don't dare risk that.)

What I'd REALLY like is an animated gif avatar with little sparklies on it (like yours).

Can anyone give my current av sparklies?

Plot Device

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I already mentioned to PD the possibility of a tinfoil hat showing up on her avatar, owing to the conspiracy thread. :D

That'd be mean. :(

Actually, PD, you did a great job! You'll be able to manufacture your own evidence soon! :rolleyes:

Thanks! :) I'm right now working on those old negatives of YOU. :D