My new book - no author's name on the title page!

K1P1

Procrastination is its own reward
Registered
Reaction score
Can you believe it? I went to sign the first copies yesterday and there's a big blank spot on the title page. Title above, publisher name and logo below. But where's MY name?

I wrote to my editor to ask it this was intentional. She said it was definitely not intentional, and everyone's face was red who reviewed the proofs, but she hadn't told me about it because she didn't want to spoil the excitement and take the shine off seeing the book for the first time.

We're all hoping this is the only mistake (not likely in a project this size), and that the first printing sells out really fast.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I hope so too, Maggie. But the cover looks gorgeous. :Hug2:

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
:Hug2: Well, that sucks.

But, your name IS on the cover dustcover where EVERYONE who walks by can see it. ;) ... :snoopy:

Last edited:

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
My name is on the dust cover. On the actual hardcover it's just my last name at the bottom of the spine. But I do hold the copyright, so it's on the verso, and it's at the end of the foreword.

I should be upset about this, but frankly, it's still a beautiful book, and I'm not upset. And what a great story to tell in the future, eh?

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
This is the dustcover?

maggiesbook.jpg

K1P1

Registered
Reaction score
I think I need this book. I love to knit. I need a Christmas present for myself, right?

Absolutely! And, of course, you need to give one to all the other knitters you know. :D

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Oh that's lousy. I'm so sorry. Maybe your publisher can offer signed bookplates for that first run at their expense. Although, you may end up with writer's cramp from signing them. Beautiful book!