Oh my god

Alex Schroeder

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.schredder.com
I hope you told her that under no circumstances would you comprimise the integrity of your artistic expression.

:roll:

Yeah, we all have the fantasy that we'll end up with the perfect manuscript that no agent / editor would dare touch. Now that I'm querying I'm telling myself, "oh, you'd like me to cut out 100 pages and change every name in the book? Sure. And in truth, it's more of an urban fantasy / young adult con artist novel. Seriously. Like Pulp Fiction for the Harry Potter set." ;)

Good luck Atlantis. You'll get it done.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I finished expanding the scene and got my dad to check the whole manuscript for spelling and grammer errors. It was just a couple of typos like loose/lose that I didn't spot the first time around. I emailed the revised copy of the manuscript to the editor this morning. I wish this hadn't happened a week before xmas. If I have to wait two weeks for her response...*eye ball twitch* I'm so distracted by this I keep running into the front room to check my email every ten mintues. I'm not getting much work done on my current project. lol. I just keep staring into space.

C A Winters

Never say "I can't."
Registered
Reaction score
Stop shaking, pinching yourself, and jumping girl--get busy re-working that scene! :) Congratulations! (strke that) Duh~!!!

ETA! Sorry about that, didn't read to the end before replying.

You'll do great, congratulations again!

Last edited:

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Let us know when you get another reply! Let those of us NOT in your shoes live vicariously LOL.

Atlantis

Registered
Reaction score
I just got her reply:

Hi Marisa,

I've checked over the revised copy of WHISPERS IN THE DARK, and I love the addition of the scene between Psyche and Aphrodite. I am pleased to offer you the attached[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif] contract, together with our form for your details, cover art etc. and formatting guidelines for your manuscript. Please do the following:[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Reformat your manuscript in accordance with the attached guidelines. If you have any problems, contact Lisa at [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Read the contract carefully to make sure you understand it.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Print and sign a hard copy of the contract.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Then:[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Obtain a clear scan or digital photo of the signature page of the contract. This is for backup purposes to protect the contract information for both you and Eternal Press.[/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Complete the form and email it, your reformatted manuscript and the signature image back to Lisa at: [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][email protected][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif] For ease of tracking all correspondence related to this submission, please click REPLY to this Email when returning your forms or asking questions.[/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Mail the page/s indicated on the contract to Ally Robertson at the address indicated.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif](If you do not have access to a scanner or a digital camera, simply mail TWO hard copies of the signature page to Ally at the address indicated on the contract.)[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Also, please note the section of the contract which states that the publisher has final approval of the manuscript for publication. [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]This means that as an Eternal Press author you will need to work with your assigned editor to produce the best possible book for publication. If you do not agree with changes the editor suggests, please discuss this with the editor, or if you cannot get satisfaction, with the senior editor. Do not discard changes out of hand – they will be suggested for a good reason.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Remember, we are all working together to make your book a success both for Eternal Press and to further your career.[/FONT]
Congratulations!
Lisa
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Eternal Press
http://eternalpress.ca

I did it! I did it! I sold my first story! MY.FIRST.EVER.SALE. I'm going to have a front cover! I'm going to be on a website! I can't believe it! I was so paranoid she wasn't going to like the extra scene and that I was going to stuff the whole thing up but I didn't! I'm going to be an author! Next time someone asks me "So, you're a writer, eh? How many times have you been published?" I'll be able to answer! He he he he he he *dances*

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I did it! I did it! I sold my first story! MY.FIRST.EVER.SALE. I'm going to have a front cover! I'm going to be on a website! I can't believe it! I was so paranoid she wasn't going to like the extra scene and that I was going to stuff the whole thing up but I didn't! I'm going to be an author! Next time someone asks me "So, you're a writer, eh? How many times have you been published?" I'll be able to answer! He he he he he he *dances*

You've done it!

:e2woo: :hooray: :snoopy: :hooray: :snoopy: :hooray: :snoopy: :hooray::e2woo:

:e2cheer::snoopy: :Thumbs: :Thumbs: :Hug2: :hooray: :banana: :D:e2cheer:

:e2cheer::banana: :Jump: :Clap: :Trophy: :Thumbs: :cool: :e2cat::partyguy::e2cheer:

:e2cheer: :banana::PartySmil:cool::snoopy: :Jump::roll::e2cheer:
:e2cheer: :TheWave: :e2dance: :e2cheer:

:e2cheer: :e2woo: :e2bouncey :e2brows: :D:e2cheer:

:e2cheer: :e2headban :e2grouphu;):e2cat: :snoopy::e2cheer:

:e2cheer: :Hail: :cool: :Jump: :banana: :hi: :e2cheer: