William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
RICHMOND, Va.—Presidential electors have formally elected Barack Obama the nation's 44th president.

Electors gathering in state capitols across the country have pushed Obama above the 270 electoral votes needed to win, according to a tally by The Associated Press. Obama takes office Jan. 20, becoming the nation's first black president.

Monday's voting was a largely ceremonial procedure, but one mandated by the Constitution. Obama defeated Republican Sen. John McCain in the Nov. 4 election.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nationworld/ci_11236522?nclick_check=1

congratulations, president obama. good luck.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
You mean the Electors didn't revolt en masse and vote for somebody else? The way some people here predicted they might a few weeks ago? I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you.

caw

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Electors gathering in state capitols across the country have pushed Obama above the 270 electoral votes needed to win, according to a tally by The Associated Press.
And when has the Associated Press become the official counter/tallyer of electoral votes?

How about this for a headline: "Associated Press predicts Obama elected President." :)

cethklein

Registered
Reaction score
You mean the Electors didn't revolt en masse and vote for somebody else? The way some people here predicted they might a few weeks ago? I'm shocked, shocked, I tell you.

caw

The again, some people (the same "some people" actually) also predicted McCain "has the election in the bag" a few months back. I've noticed that many of them have since tip-toed out the back door (and the few that haven't seem to have pushed said claims under the rug faster than Gene Simmons did with "KISS Meets The Phantom".

Well, at least no one's thrown shoes at him yet

I wonder what size Bill O wears? Given the amount of .....errrr.........compensating he does, I'll wager pretty small, so I doubt Obama has anything to worry about from him.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It hasn't been looking good for awhile, but it looks like Giuliani's campaign is really in trouble right about now.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, at least no one's thrown shoes at him yet :)
Obama's security chief has declared he'll wear goggles when travelling to the Middle East. "Otherwise," he explained, "the 'sandal' get in his eyes."

displayimage.php