Question on Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullbookjacket

Registered
Reaction score
I've written mostly fiction, but I've also published a few nonfiction articles and I'm toying with the idea of a nonfiction book. My topic (landscaping) is one I'm an expert in and I know I can put a new spin on the subject.

Nearly all landscaping books are chock full of photos and/or drawings. I'm a decent photographer and a pretty good artist, but certainly there are others vastly better than me at that. Do publishers generally provide their own pix and graphics for books like this?

And how much of a nonfiction book is generally complete before querying? A solid outline and a few chapters?

Lauri B

I Heart Mac
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Graphics depend on the publisher. You can include samples of your photography and illustrations when you pitch your book and the publisher can determine if the quality (or style) is what they are looking for.
As a general rule, most nonfiction is sold on proposal, so you'll need a solid outline and a couple of sample chapters, but you don't need to have the entire book written before you pitch to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.