Day of listening Interview DISCUSSION thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I'm still getting caught up on the interviews and purposefully saving some for later, like hiding money under the Monopoly board.

So if I'm understanding the interviews correctly, poets are actually people too. I never would have guessed it.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I'm still getting caught up on the interviews and purposefully saving some for later, like hiding money under the Monopoly board.

So if I'm understanding the interviews correctly, poets are actually people too. I never would have guessed it.

yes. Leaky, whiny, expressive people.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
I counted all that under "expressive."

;)
You went specific and I went vague. We're the Brian and Stewie stage act of our times.

Back on point now ... ;)

There's a reason why People magazine is the No. 1 seller. Short concise personality features that reveal something you probably don't know about the subject (unless you're a fanatic).

Many of these Q&A's or interviews really captured that. The audio snippets did the same in an NPR sort of way. So, to those of you who really nailed it, congrats. Anything that enriching and entertaining should be commended, esp. given the information fog out there filled with nothing but sheer crap and few lighthouses.

smsarber

Coming soon to a nightmare near you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Sleep... Those little slices of Death. How I loath
So true. We can spend our time posting in these threads, knowing little about each other, only what screen names, avatars, and often short posts give us. It's nice to know the members of AW as people, not just screen names. And it's even better than People, or Time, because we are peers.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
So true. We can spend our time posting in these threads, knowing little about each other, only what screen names, avatars, and often short posts give us. It's nice to know the members of AW as people, not just screen names. And it's even better than People, or Time, because we are peers.

I would have loved to listen to more interviews, because I think when you're conversing with someone, you tend to speak more about your real self, than when jotting down your answers. It gives you more of a chance to expound and the interview has an opportunity for instant rebuttal questions. I want to see if I can do a couple more audio ones, if Trish isn't opposed to keeping this baby going for a bit longer... :D

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Audio (or live) interviews give you a much better opportunity to ask followup questions, too, because you never know which way a conversation might lead.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
I'm with Lady Sara.

If folks will allow, I'd like to do a few more of these (audio pieces). I've got a desire to do some more focused, short pieces, on process and motivation, learning moments, success and failure.

Plus I still have Dawno to chat with. :)

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
By all means. Do as many interviews as you'd like. Just keep it updated in your sigline so people know to come back and check and send me a note so I can update the index. :)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Mac has responded with the old "oh, the power was out in half of new england" ploy... :p

I don't think she wants to be interviewed right now. They're probably still shoveling their way out of the snow.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
OK Folks -- Homecoming festivities and holidays are past, and I just got Dawno's interview. I'll be editing while I'm on the road over the next couple days. Look for it by end of week? She was a blast to chat with.

:)

jeanlee411

Registered
Reaction score
You didn't.

I'm finding the different interviewing styles and the thoughtful responses of the interviewees quite fascinating.

And nooooo...I'm not making character notes. I would never do that.

*evil grin*
I have a question for SoccerMom, tell me about these donkeys. Are they real donkeys or toy donkeys? (You live on a farm so they could be real, but I think you said your son dropped one on the ground so I'm thinking they are toys.)

Status
Not open for further replies.