AW is an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon UK affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a
voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: AW's Day of Listening - Interviews Thread

Threaded View

Eskimo1990 interviews jannawrites

What is your favorite thing to write?

Personal anecdotes and humorous essays are awesome, but I really dig fiction.

Love or money?

In the end, love holds much more value.

If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why?

We love where we live (on a lake in the Midwest); in many ways, it's ideal. But if I wasn't scared to uproot and move from the only state I've ever lived in, I'd relocate to the Colorado Rockies. My husband, an avid skier, has always dreamed of living there, and I'm drawn to the beauty and peace.

What is your greatest accomplishment?

Choosing to follow my dream.

What is one of the hardest things you've had to go through in life?

Determining how much of my happiness depended on another person, and deciding what to do about it.

What is one piece of advice you would offer to my generation?

There is life - so much more than you ever expect - after high school. It's not all wrapped up in the present, the way it feels to be. Don't get so caught up in the now that you can't see the bigger picture. You have to move ahead from disappointments and heartache with your head held high. Amazing life waits.

What is one thing you would bring with you on a desert island?

My family.

What is your writing goal?

I aim to be a published novelist. I don't need fame and bestsellers, but a following of supportive readers who will give me reason to write book after book.

As a child, what did you dream about becoming?

Loved. Accepted. Happy. Don't get me wrong... I was all of those things as a child. But it's what I saw for my future, too.

What is your absolute favorite book and why?

I know it sounds trite, but I'll say the Scriptures. Every emotion, every kind of story, every answer: It's all inside.

What was growing up like for you?

My parents worked hard to give us (my sister and me) what we needed and, as often as possible, what we wanted (as long as it was reasonable). But they also taught us how to be good and happy people.

Some of my favorite memories are holidays and visits with my extended family - the biggest group of fun and loving hickabillies you've ever met. I have the most amazing family.

Where is your favorite place to visit and why?

Dillon/Silverthorne in Colorado. The mountains, the hiking, the scenery and air, the outlet shopping. It's all great!

What is your absolute favorite movie and why?

I've always said Forrest Gump, because it struck so much inside me. And it's still a favorite, but there are too many movies I love to narrow it down to an absolute.

What are you most proud of in your life?

The kind of person I am.

What is one thing you've always wanted to do but never have?

Visit Maine and stay in a beach house.

How did you and your husband meet?

Blind date set up by a mutual friend.

What is the greatest joy in your life?

Being a mom.

Who is your role model?

I admire my dad. He has struggled with disease and varying health issues for twenty years, but he's never complained or asked 'why,' and he continues to be a funny and sweet man who would do anything (ANYTHING) for anybody.

What is one thing you wish you could change about the world and why?

I wish more people would try to see things from others' perspectives. If we understood where others came from, we could get along better.

What was your favorite age and why?

I hope to have a lot of age left ahead of me, but I have to answer in a generic sort of way and say my adulthood has been best. I've learned who I am, and who I want to be, and that's huge.
    Last edited by Eskimo1990; 12-14-2008 at 06:06 PM.