Where do you live?

Mid-70s longitude, USA.

What would you like people to know about you?

That I'm creative but not at all intelligent.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?

Locked up in a lunatic asylum, if I haven't managed to land a book deal by then.

What is your favorite place?

The woods, located a 1/2 mile away from me. No one ever goes in them so I pretty much have the joint to myself, in company of squirrels and chipmunks ^..^

What is your favorite memory?

Fishing with friends, back in my teen years. There was a boulder we used to cast our lines from that became submerged at high tide. We often got stranded on it and had to swim back to shore with our catch.

What job would you never want to have?

Store manager. They make good money but have to work an unbelievable number of hours and are accountable for everything that goes wrong.

What is you favorite scent?

Pine tree or apple orchid aroma.

What are your goals as a person?

To be kind and considerate towards others and put their welfare before my own. I was steered towards this goal by an especially kind member and role model on this site, who continues to remain dear to me :-)

If you could be one person alive, or from history for one week, who would it be, and why?

Eric Dolphy. It would be awesome to be able to play a musical instrument like he did. The cat had character!
If you could be one fictional character for one week, who would it be and why?

Tom Bombadil. Living in a hut in the woods with a genial wife would be divine.

If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?

Right where I am now. That expression about the grass looking greener on the other side really is true, as I've found.

Has your life influenced your writing?

A bit. I don't write realistic fiction so I draw more on my imagination to create stories.

What draws you to the genre you write?

I've always had a knack for humor. People never take what I say seriously, either, so I figure I might as well make the best of it.

What are your goals as a writer?

To write a non-fiction, non-funny book. I have the material for it but just can't seem to get it down on paper :-(

What was the worst thing said to you as a writer?

"You'll never make it as a writer. You lack the ability."
- college professor / creative writing class

What was the best thing said to you as a writer?

"I love this work," of yours.
- my lit agent

Do you want to convey a message in your writing?

Probably, but when I'm at work on a story I'm so wrapped up in the reality I'm weaving that I pay little attention to instilling messages and the like.

Has joining AW changed or influenced your writing?

It's made me much more aware of the business end of writing. It's also given me an appreciation of modern-era authors. There are some really fine ones on this site. One day I hope to be as good.

Does your family understand about your writing?
It's been awhile, but I believe they thought I'd flipped my lid when I brought it up, back when.

What is the one thing, you would want your readers to know?

The horror of existence, which is rather ironic as I write humor and basically strive to draw guffaws.

Would you ever stop writing?

No. But if I could start my life afresh I might choose an easier career, like the one those guys in the movie Wages Of Fear had, delivering nitroglycerin in a jeep.