I love the av and had to get to know the lady behind it,
so here's IdiotsRUs aka Julia!

Tell us a bit about yourself. What would you like us to know about you?

Julia: Hmm well what can I say. I'm a Brit who kind of fell into this writing thing - but I've always had characters in my head. Until recently I didn't know what to do with them.

What are you doing now? (Career? Married? Single? Children? Pets?)
Julia: Married, two kids, work part time just to pay the bills

What is your favourite food?
Julia: Thai

What is your favourite colour?
Julia: Blue

What is your favourite sound?
Julia: Ooh it's a toss up. Either the sound of my kids NOT arguing or the secret silence of a moonlight night.

Who is your favourite person?
Julia: My kids, closely followed by my Old Man

What is your favourite place?
Julia: Lochailort, Scotland. A weeny little village (where they filmed the bar scenes for Local Hero btw) and I've never been quite so relaxed.

What is your favourite memory?
Julia: My honeymoon in Lochailort

What is your favourite article of clothing?
Julia: Jeans. Always the jeans. I have a fair collection of wrestling t-shirts too.

What is your favourite word?
Julia: Gout. It keeps cropping up in my writing and I have to go through and cull them all! Other than that, pendulous sounds so round.

What is your favourite writers' quote and why?
Julia: First get it written, then get it right. Because you have to write to get better - this is the perfect reminder that you can always fix it on the rewrite.

What is your most favourite quality about yourself?
Julia: I'm not sure if there's a word for it (there should be!) but I always tend to see the best in people.

What is the least favourite quality about yourself?
Julia: Insecurity. I hates it.

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and why?
Julia: Lake Baikal in Russia. I've read / studied / seen so much about it. The geology, the ecology, the local culture. It fascinates me. I always wanted to be a Cossack as a child...Endlessly fascinated with Russia.

What inspires you to write and why?
Julia: The people in my head. Or I'd be in an institution.

What is your favourite book and why?
Julia: All time? Chronicles of Morgaine. I could feel every wound, every heartbeat of Vanye.

What is your favourite genre and why?
Julia: Fantasy. Because I was born in the wrong century. Ahh the days when men were men and sheep were nervous lol. I love the romance, as in the tales of Arthur etc rather than boy meets girl. The thought that men could rise up and better their nature. Needless to say I love a hero who can rise above his faults and be noble.

List your three favourite authors (any genre) and why?
Julia: Well today they are... C.J. Cherryh, because there is SFF and just the right amount of romance. Because she can always make me fall in love with her heroes. Jim Butcher, just for the joy of the story and the superb voice. Tery Pratchett - for the completely warped slant on life. That said I do have a Lord of the Rings tattoo.

What do you think makes a writer successful?
Julia: Perseverance.

What is it that makes you successful as a writer?
Julia: Um perseverance. And the fact that on a good day I am my character. I live in their heads, I know what they are most afraid of, even when they are telling everyone how they aren't scared.

What are your goals as a writer?
Julia: Short term. To have people who like my books. Long term? Become richer than JK Rowling (a joke I get constantly due to the fact my initials are...JK)

What is the best tip you can give to fellow writers?
Julia: Keep at it. remember there is always more to learn. Just keep at it.

What do you hope to provide your readers with through your writing?
Julia: Nothing fancy, no literary symbolism or anything. A story that tugs at their heartstrings.

List your three favourite online writer-resource sites and why (include URLS).
Julia: Absolutewrite.com of course!
Also read a lot of agent blogs, but only pop into other writers forums really.

If you have published a book/story, tell us about your publishing success (title, publishing date and company, where it is available to purchase).

Julia: My first book is coming out in e-book form January 29th 2009, with print scheduled for the autumn 2009. Published by Samhain Publishing, Ilfayne's Bane. (http://samhainpublishing.com/coming/ilfaynes-bane) A great company, and extremely friendly and author focused. Couldn't have had a better intro to the business. I'm currently writing a second in the series.

How long did it take you to write your book(s)?
Julia: Three years - however the first year was spent as a hobbyist being so gobsmackingly awful I shudder to think of it! Seriously, I started a year ago.

What would you do differently if you could repeat the same publishing experience?
Julia: Find Absolute Write earlier.

What have you learned about the publishing world?
Julia: It's a business like any other. Publishers WANT to please the fans, if only because that makes them money

This is your chance to 'Talk Back' to your readers. What would you like to say to them?
Julia: If you have bought / are planning to buy it, thanks! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

What's the one thing that you want them to know about your writing?
Julia: I sweated blood for this you know! LOL, ok not really. I wrote the kind of story I wanted to read. I hope you want to read it too.

Thank you Julia, for sharing I really appreciate the time and effort.