1. If money wasn't a problem, where would you travel to and why?

Ireland, England, Scotland for a summer, even longer. Most of my family is from these countries and I love learning about and exploring my heritage. I'd backpack through the countries and just take the time to explore and soak it all in. I get goosebumps just from looking at pictures, in person would be an incredible experience.

2. Same concept, but where would you want to live?

Charleston, South Carolina. While there are tons of cities that have such a great depth and history to them, I've always had a fond spot for Charleston. It's a beautiful city with access to both the ocean and the mountains with in a reasonable drive/distance. I'm closer now than I've ever been, living near Ocean City, MD. But I also love living here too. As long as I'm near the ocean, I'm all set. It's my favorite place to be.

3. What is your dream job?

I'm actually working in my dream job: teaching. I love working with kids and helping them explore the world around them. The moment where they finally 'get' a concept or something they've been struggling to learn, that 'a ha!' moment is what I live for. It's such a great feeling for them and for me. Even now, substituting, I've had kids ask if I was going to be there for more than one day because they liked having me there. To have that kind of an impact-- even short term-- is an incredible feeling.

4. What was growing up like for you?

There were times when I thought I had it hard, but working with at-risk children now I know that I haven't suffered 1% as much as they have. My dad was a coal miner (I'll pause for the Coal-Miner's-Daughter jokes now) and my mom worked part time at a doctor's office. We weren't well-off by any stretch of the imagination, but we did just fine. It was a true test when my dad was laid off from his job my senior year in high school, but even then, my family showed its strength. He went back to school (we even went to the same college for three years!) and earned a degree while all of use worked either one or two jobs to make ends meet. My dad actually worked two jobs and went to school full time. It was probably one of the bravest things I've ever seen anyone do. I was always taken care of, fed, clothed, and loved. Growing up wasn't as hard as I thought it was at the time!

5. What is one piece of advice you would offer to my generation?

Don't let attitude and being 'cool' rule your life. There's so much more than that. I've seen so many kids (and some adults) make stupid mistakes because they want to be a part of the 'in' or cool crowd.

6. Love or money?

Love. Definitely love. Money doesn't mean a thing if you don't have someone you love to share your life with.

7. What is the one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't had the chance to?

Travel to Scotland, England, and Ireland. I had a chance to go there a while back, but decided to go back to school for teaching instead. I don't regret the decision, but lord, do I want to go over there!

8. What is your greatest accomplishment?

Finishing my Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education. I wasn't sure I could get through it, but I did!

9. Who is your absolute favorite author and why?

This is a hard one. Because I love different authors for different things. And since I've really started writing, people that I used to enjoy reading don't hold as much appeal for me now that I know more about it. Anyhow, currently? I do love Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. They always make me laugh!

10. What is your absolute favorite movie?

All time: Lawrence of Arabia, hands down. The music, the story, the acting. It is a movie I will sit and watch any time.

11. Where is your favorite place to visit and why?

The beach. And now I live so close, it's absolutely fantastic. I don't go in the water all that much, but I love to lay in the sun, or sit in my chair under an umbrella and just listen to the sounds around me: the surf, the birds, children playing. It's such a relaxing place for me.

12. When you went to college, what did you major in?

Which time? Heh. My first college was Indiana University of Pennsylvania and my major was Spanish for International Trade. Then I went to Wilson College and got my Elementary Education degree. Recently I just completed my Masters in Early Childhood Education through the University of Phoenix on-line.

13. What is your favorite childhood memory?

Going to my Aunt Patty and Uncle Sam's house for weeks at a time during the summer. I adored both of them and their family (seven kids altogether!) and it has always been a great memory for me.

14. What is one material thing you cannot live without?

My computer. It's my connection to so many things both personal and professional. I would go insane without it.

15. What is one thing you would bring with you on a deserted island?

Someone I love. (I know you said 'thing', but that's my answer anyhow. LOL)

16. What is your favorite computer game and why?

Oh there are so many! Although, I like the simpler games like Cubis and Jewel Quest. Those two are my favorites right now. I love puzzles and games that make you think, but for me it helps to do those more difficult ones on paper where I can write down my thoughts and 'see' what I'm thinking. For my computer games, I like them a little more mindless, so to speak. Something I can play and just go with the flow. I also like those two games because, while there is some skill involved, it's also a lot of chance. No two boards, or even the same board played multiple times, are ever the same and there are countless ways to play and complete them. I love to challenge myself to beat previous scores and times.

17. Who is your favorite band and why?

All time? Crosby, Stills & Nash, hands down. They take songs and harmonies that are so unique, they are beautiful even without musical scores. I've seen them three times in concert, and every time I'm struck by the multiple generations in the audience. Their music started out geared towards a specific generation and then they transcended that. Plus, Southern Cross? (One of their songs) just rocks!

Currently 3 Doors Down is giving CSN a run for their money as my all time favorite. The music and lyrics are beautiful and they can go from soft ballad to all-out rock in 60 seconds or less!

18. Who is your favorite actor and why?

Jamie Bamber. I've been a fan of his since A&E filmed the Horatio Hornblower movies. His stint on the new Battlestar Gallactica just solidified his position for me. His American accent is spot on and his British accent is adorable. I had the chance to meet him two years ago and he is so genuine. One of the nicest people I've met. That, and when we had our picture taken I was kind of... well, I turned into a bumbling idiot, and he still called me adorable. Yeah, he's my favorite!

19. Who is your favorite actress and why?

Michelle Yeoh. The woman can do anything she wants to. She's beautiful, exotic, can be funny and dramatic. Plus, she could kick your ass six ways from Sunday without breaking a sweat if she wanted to! I love to see strong women in strong roles, but still keep that allure and vulnerability there as well. Just an all-around fantastic actress.

20. Who is your role model and why?

Hmmm.... my dad. He was laid off from his job my senior year in high school. He could have just chucked it and gotten a no-brainer job that got us through, but he didn't. He went back to school and earned a degree in Management Information Systems. Not bad for someone who hadn't been in school in nearly 20 years. He had gone to college for one semester and didn't want to be there at that time and left with a 1.8 GPA. But, he did have two classes where he at least passed, but in order to keep those credits and be able to transfer out of that major, he had to pull a 4.0 for two straight semesters. And he did it while also working 2 part time jobs. We went to school together for 3 years, even taking one class together. It was probably the bravest thing I'd ever seen anyone do. I'm a Daddy's girl, and my dad and I have always had a special bond, but he showed me there that anything is possible too.