TV Writer Needs Help Finding An Agent

jasont

Registered
Reaction score
does anyone on here write for television and have an agent?

i've been writing for newspapers and magazines for 9 years and i recently wrote a pilot for a cable tv show thats been produced but is in development hell.

does anyone know the best way to go about landing an agent that can place me on other shows as a staff writer or can help me pitch my ideas to networks or anything like that?

thanks in advance.

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
Check WGA.ORG. I don't know much of anything about TV writing, I write features, edit scripts, and write novels, and I'm still at a pretty low lvl in the business. I don't live in LA or New York or any other place of film opportunity so my chances of ever working on a series are pretty much nill, outside of the work I'm doing. As I haven't researched the TV writing arena, I'm not really sure what to say.

wordmonkey

ook
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writingmonkey.com
If you have nothing tangible to show in terms of show, best thing to do is work up a couple of sample scripts for existing, successful shows and query the agents mentioning the show you did and the samples you have. If you wanna be a jobbing TV writer, you need samples of shows that are on the air.