Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

Ricardo Salepas

Registered
Reaction score
The superpowers I'd want is the ability to heal quickly, and undeniably amazing luck.

First off, I'm clumsy as all hell so i tend to fall all over the place or just injure myself in one way or another.
Secondly, Amazing luck, well...because who wouldn't want everything to go their way?
Life is all about uncertainty and sure that is fun, but wouldn't it be greater if whatever you tried ended up going your way?

Oh yes and flying...I'm done with stairs.

Josh Hagen

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, this is a tough one...

I would love to fly. Easy to travel. Instead of going for a walk to clear your head and get inspired, I can only imagine how therapeutic going for a fly would be.

Power over plants. Would make gardening easier. I'd make sure our local farmers had a good harvest and didn't sink further into debt. Plus, I'd love to be able to landscape my yard each week. This week's theme: Hobbiton!

And of course, to be able to heal would be an ultimate power. The only depressing thing about that is that there are so many people that need it. Even if you said, "I'll only help those that have nothing and cannot help themselves." You'd be overrun with people that need help. A great power, but man, the therapy you'd need dealing with all that grief!

What the world really needs is to find a way to help ourselves as well as others. Maybe if we all had the power to inspire. If there was some way to bring people together realizing that we are more similar than different. If there were some form of communication that could light our imaginations after experiencing something. Something that we could all share and experience empathy for characters and situations. Perhaps it could some in a handy small sized delivery system - Hand held, rectangular, perhaps created with wood pulp. ....Hmmmm, I may be on to something here.

Patrice1599

Registered
Reaction score
The superpowers I'd want is the ability to heal quickly, and undeniably amazing luck.

First off, I'm clumsy as all hell so i tend to fall all over the place or just injure myself in one way or another.

As a fellow clumsy person, I am here for this.

JosieK

Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week:

A nice, easy one to start the new year: What superpower would you want and why?

Teleportation is the one I most often imagine having! Just for pure convenience sake. HOWEVER, I would also love minor, party-trick and mildly useful abilities - candle flame on the fingertip by snapping, making objects float and orbit/follow you, writing and sketching things out in the air -stuff like that!

AEMcRoberts

Registered
Reaction score
What superpower would you want and why?
Well, honestly I'd go for telekinesis. I'd love to sit my ass on the couch and get my drink refilled, kindle, and food delivered right to me!

Abbeysroadlesstaken

Registered
Reaction score
I'd settle for a limited control over time. Last minute deadline? No problem. Stop time for a few hours. On the worst date ever? Fast forward or stop time to disappear and put a mile or two between us. I imagine there would be space complications, but no super hero has a pain free existence right? I wouldn't want to be a time traveler, and I'm not certain I'd want the responsibility of reversing time, just stopping it.

Abbeysroadlesstaken

Registered
Reaction score
And of course, to be able to heal would be an ultimate power. The only depressing thing about that is that there are so many people that need it. Even if you said, "I'll only help those that have nothing and cannot help themselves." You'd be overrun with people that need help. A great power, but man, the therapy you'd need dealing with all that grief!

It would be awesome to heal and all healed people could develop the gift.

BPhillipYork

Sphinx of black quartz judge my vow
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.BPhillipYork.com

I learned to read and read a lot before I ever really learned much about writing or grammar. I can write mostly grammatically correct, but I can't really explain it, it just sounds "right" to me. But there are definitely times when it sounds "right" and it's wrong. Anyway, I'd love the superpower of perfect knowledge of all English grammar, especially commas.

kaejomul

Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I don't know if I need an actual superpower, but having the same amount of energy throughout the day as my toddler would be fantastic!

The last movie I watched was "In The Tall Grass". The adaptation of the Stephen King short story, which I have not yet read. I did enjoy the movie but I found it a bit predicable in the end.

Shermon Kodi

Registered
Reaction score
It has been a long week.

If I could acquire one super ability I'd like to age like the elves in LOTR.
Getting old blows, and I'm not even old.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
heh. Sometimes it blows, sometimes it doesn't.

Welcome, Shermon.

ETA: That's what I think but what would I know? I'm not old yet; I'm only just now completing my seventh decade.

Last edited:

Gang aft agley

defunct human bean
Registered
Reaction score
Telepathy. A guide to other's real motivations and trickery? Yes please!

Froeschli

Registered
Reaction score
Teleportation sounds like a good one. Start by saving train fare, expand into a smuggling empire....

PrairieDawn

Registered
Reaction score
I want to be able to find things. All the things.

By which I mean I want to be able to focus on an object or person and have a distance and bearing to that object. Practically speaking, it would reduce the amount of time I spend looking for my children's shoes. However, I bet I could get some very creative use out of it, depending on its versatility: Nearest restaurant that will make all six people in the car happy? Nearest habitable earthlike planet? Book I should read next? (Not to mention missing persons and certain people's tax returns...)

PrairieDawn

Registered
Reaction score
You are aware that people never shut up. Like, ever. Also they have the most banal crap going through their heads most of the time--and jingles. Save me from all the jingles.

(What happens when your protagonist decides to comment on forums...)

Oh Non

Registered
Reaction score

this seems to be a popular response....

I would like to be invisible. I really can't give an answer why, it just sounds cool...sneaking around, looking at other people's lives....digging though their underwear drawers when they're right there. Umm....why would I want to dig through their underwear?

gtempel

Registered
Reaction score

The ability to freely change the forms of energy without conversation loss including changing matter to energy and energy to matter. The physicist in me would have fun turning wood to energy and the energy to gold. The biologist in me tells me to stop there before i go on to create new proteins and lifeforms.

Btw is this week somehow super duper long? like 52 weeks long or is that just me imagining stuff

Busy_Sample

Registered
Reaction score
This week is really long. Err for a super power I guess I would want the ability to talk to my previous self. Tell myself do this, don't do that. Hindsight I guess is what I would call it.

Rick Albert

Registered
Reaction score
super speed. So, I'll nevert be late. Not a second nanosec lateé But on time. Can.t dock my pay. Can you as I appear, just as the second hand hits to announce me late. I smile and save at you and say, "See you!"
Told you. I wouldn't be late. Am I late. Tut Tut. See that second hand. See where its at. Kust arrived as I arrive there. The time is exact. Is that not afact.

armgrab

Registered
Reaction score
I have put more thought into this question than is probably healthy.

Telekinesis. Because it's basically a dozen different superpowers in one. Use it to lift yourself? You have flight. Boost your own strength with it? Super strength/speed/agility. "Push" the air or ground around you? Elemental manipulation. Not to mention that depending on how minute your control is, you could manipulate matter at the molecular level, controlling chemical reactions or your own body's metabolic processes. Do this with exo/endothermic reactions, and you have heat manipulation. Oxidative reactions? You are now a firebender. Got a stack of old number two graphite pencils? Tinker with the crystal structure a bit, and you've got diamonds, son. Never have to work another day in your life.

Oh, and controlling things you can't touch implies a sort of "sixth sense", which I assume would be like a spider-sense type thing. So you've got that going for you, too.

SundryHen

Registered
Reaction score
Superpower: Animal Soul-hopping. Is that a thing? Now it is, I guess.

I played a game recently called Lost Ember, where you can do just that. And while the game is kind of boring, this concept really intrigued me. I would love to be able to just hijack an animal for a few hours. Especially a bird. And, sure, you may say: Well, flying is an actual superpower, why not just pick that? I actually want to feel the wings, I want to feel how animal feels, see how it sees, to really be able to understand it. Of course, this power would be completely harmless to animals, or I wouldn't ever consider it.

MableP

Registered
Reaction score
I think the superpower I'd like to have would be the ability to conjure up images in my mind when I want, because I think to execute on my thoughts it would be the ,ost beneficial to pop them out of my head immediately. Having the ability to turn off my conjoring is key; I don't want a bunch of pink elephants everywhere