Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

mwritesdragons

Dragon Tamer (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.incitingeventblog.com
New Question of the Week:

A nice, easy one to start the new year: What superpower would you want and why?

I see this has been the question of the week for quite some time :D but it is a good one... I've always hated being ill, so I've always said I'd want healing factor (a-la wolverine) to be my superpower. Not very flashy, sure, but also given the pandemic situation...

Shape-shifting and telekinesis are close seconds.

Reactions: Ex-chef1967

maleehanh

Registered
Reaction score
I would definitely want to have super speed, and then I'd run across the world! Hopefully I'm fast enough to run across water.

Tom Fitch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intersectiondiaries.com
Time-travel: imagine going back to witness motorraces in the seventies... Or the Beatles live...

And tele-portation: breakfast at Tiffany's, lunch in Paris and dinner in Hong Kong... to wake up the next day on a Caribbean beach.

Tom

pastorlarry

Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm. Super power of my choice? I suppose it would have to be being able to know the right answer to give my wife for ANY question she asked me to answer. That way, I could get off of the couch, out of the proverbial doghouse, and finally know which direction to go when she says those dreaded words..."No, it's fine...you can go if you want to."

-Larry ��

• Haha
Reactions: mountaingirl24

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
Time-travel: imagine going back to witness motorraces in the seventies... Or the Beatles live...

And tele-portation: breakfast at Tiffany's, lunch in Paris and dinner in Hong Kong... to wake up the next day on a Caribbean beach.

Tom

I love this! I would go back to the time of the castles, but I won't stay long though. The torture back then was rampant.

RLBeers

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Current answer, the powers given by the clear pill in Limitless without the side effects. Why is obvious to any who have seen the movie.

Mattpwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I think I might be cheating with this answer, but I would want a shapeshifting power that gives me a versatile range of forms/abilities. Think along the lines of Ben 10's Omnitrix, Rex Salazar's machines in Generator Rex, or the gazillion abilities of the Power Rangers.

TheRyustyNail

Registered
Reaction score
I would want the ability to revisit memories. I’d love to see my grandma as a 6 year old doing puppet shows for her again. I know, it won’t save the world. But it may be able to conjure happiness?
I second that! There's so many moments that I'd love to re-live with lost friends and family.

KaosAnjel

Registered
Reaction score
Super Powers????? Dangit why...why does it have to be a hard question? There are just so darn many of them! I'd say super strength but then I'd not get a super hearing...but If I had super hearing I'd hear too much...knowing me I'd break things with super strength. I'd say mind control but with that much power comes the downside of ultimate corruption.....I am seriously going to have to think this through....darn the possibilities
!

thewonder

Registered
Reaction score
Under water. There are some pretty cool things way down in the deep
Whoa. I've never thought about being able to traverse the deep blue sea, something which we have only explored, I think, five percent of. Cool choice.

I think that I'd go with selective telepathy. It's selective because of that I don't want to land myself in some sort of Scanners type of scenario.

Electromantis

Registered
Reaction score
I've always loved the power to gain other powers. Classic starting weak and growing to infinite levels. It's done through pure observation at first, then that leads to contact stealing and finally absorption from the knowledge contained in the fabric of the universe.

Since we all already have this power but choose to resist it so the simulation will be more challenging I guess I would need something to cause me to lose it so I can work hard to gain it again. It's could be a multiverse being of super human size and strength coming over to play and getting insulted by me waving hello.

Poetcat

Registered
Reaction score
There are way to many powers to pick just one. I would want the power to be invisible and go back in my memories see the past, see people that have passed away and have one more moment with them. But we can't do that because it would change us now..

What is to say we are not exactly who, and what we need to be right now for right now, even if we don't know what tomorrow will ever hold...
Now that I know what some tomorrow holds, it makes me see things in a different light sometimes. We must remember even with all the power in the world the saying is still true, absolute power corrupts absolutely..
What we need is a supper power that can not be corrupt.. that I believe is love.

If we truly want a power that will forever change the world and our selves, I think that caring and love is the most powerful.

It is love that is marked on our hearts from our great memoires of people that we want to see again in life. It is that love they showed us a love that surpasses even them, and us. Our lives can only go on forever is there is an impression of love on those whoms lives we touch, even for a moment.

Set2Stun

Banned
Reaction score
If this was narrowed down to a selection of only minor powers that only affected me and no others.. honestly I'd just like the ability to sleep like a cat. Quality of life modifier instantly +50%.

Reactions: Poetcat and KMLove

KMLove

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how I could just pick one. There are so many cool ones to choose from. Invisibility would be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Poetcat

KMLove

Registered
Reaction score
If this was narrowed down to a selection of only minor powers that only affected me and no others.. honestly I'd just like the ability to sleep like a cat. Quality of life modifier instantly +50%.
That would definitely be awesome to have.

Reactions: Set2Stun

KMLove

Registered
Reaction score
I would want the ability to revisit memories. I’d love to see my grandma as a 6 year old doing puppet shows for her again. I know, it won’t save the world. But it may be able to conjure happiness?
That would be an awesome power. I'm sure there are so many incredible memories that have been forgotten that I would love to be able to revisit.

T. D. Hunter

Registered
Reaction score
I think I'd want shapeshifting. I imagine that the ability to turn into anything would be useful in a multitude of situations. Need to spy on someone? Become a fly on the wall, literally. Need to blast a baddie into the next century? Turn into a dragon and roast them. Wanna be left alone for a little bit? Turn into a cactus or a porcupine--something prickly that no one wants to get near.

rileyariel

Registered
Reaction score
I would love the ability to fly, simply for the shallow freedom it would give me. I've always loved the idea, to the point my mom was worried I was going to try to jump out of my window as a kid.

T.D.H.

Registered
Reaction score
I had a civic-minded friend who, when asked this question, answered that she would like to be able to shoot low cost housing from her eyes. It's an answer that has grown on me over the years - who wouldn't want to be able to solve the world's homelessness crises and drop the occasional bungalow on the head of a ne'er-do-well?

Reactions: Morganvmaloney

NickyRainbow

Registered
Reaction score
I've always thought I'd love the ability to just...find stuff. When I think of all the things I've lost over the years, I think about how cool it would be to just instantly and definitively know where things are. I'm sure there'd be the potential for far more useful real-world applications, like finding missing murder victims and whatnot, but really I'd just like to know where I put my keys, you know?

Ex-chef1967

Registered
Reaction score
The ability to repair myself, took the top off my finger on my big table saw last year, hurt like a bugger, and now 18 months later it is still annoyingly numb, also I broke a finger on my lathe in 2016, and it still does not bend properly, haha, pain just shows us we are still alive.

kaejomul

Registered
Reaction score
Transmutation would be super convenient.

Turn raw food into delicious cooked meal without cooking and save a bunch of time.
No need to buy new clothes, just turn your current ones into new ones.
Broke? Turn literally anything into stacks of money.