Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

J_Star

Registered
Reaction score
Do anyone else's pets help or hinder them when they write? I find mine to be an all-too-easy distraction.

I have a geriatric border collie with colitis who feels that she must be near me at all times in the house, which means I spend a lot of writing time smelling the most heinous dog farts on the planet. Horrible smells have crept into my writing more than once!

Stephmas

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wedontchewglass.com
I have a cat named Leeloo Dallas Multipass, and she does NOT help with my writing. She rubs her silly head against my laptop, sits in my spot if I get up for 2 seconds, and knocks on my door LOUDLY if I shut her out of my room.

We used to only have dogs, because I thought I was allergic to cats, but when I had all my allergy testing done I found out I'm NOT allergic to cats--I'm allergic to dogs! I didn't even know people could BE allergic to dogs. (Then again, I didn't know people could be allergic to cheeseburgers, either.)

ckubota

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Cocker Spaniel who is very needy. She likes to whine and chase motorcycles. She does keep me company when I am at my desk trying to get some words on paper. I wish she could give me a little more inspiration. I do love her.

AmyLaz

Registered
Reaction score
I have an ornery cuss of a cat named Lolita. She's crabby as hell, hates loud noises and has bitten just about every family member and friend I have. Does she inspire my writing? Nope. Not even a little. She's the meanest cat I've ever had, but I think that's one of the many things I love about that evil wench.

Last edited:

krisrr23

Registered
Reaction score
I have two rescue dogs, Bones and Zoe. Zoe helps me write by allowing me to pet her when I get stressed, when she thinks I'm stressed and whenever she wants scratches. Bones is my guard dog and everyday he saves me from the terrifying mailman.
P.S. Bone is in my WIP and Zoe will be in the series.

Sam Artisan

Held captive by angry blue elves.
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man if I'd found a way to stick with fencing long enough to be awesome at it, that would he quite a thing to boast about. Two summers wasn't near enough, I miss my saber!

Edit:there seem to be several questions happening at once...

PET: I've had a lot of pets but probably my coolest one is a pony.

Last edited:

Sheyen

Registered
Reaction score
I have had a number of pets through my life. I remember when I was very little (3-5) we had a cat that had kittens. I remember that one of the kittens climbed into the engine of the car during the worst of the winter, and my dad accidentally killed it when he turned the car on. Then when I was about 8, my cousin and her parents moved out of state so left us their cat Beauty. I had her until I was 10-12. She left one day and didn't come back. Then when I was 13 I got a dog, had her for a number of years, til I moved out, and she went to a friend of mine. Then I had a cat several years later, a roommate of mine decided to keep her when I couldn't. Then when I got married my idiot of a husband wanted a dog, and at the time, I wasn't much of a dog person, but I agreed, then when the idiot left, he took the dog. Finally on my own again, I had three cats, that I, unfortunately, had to give up when I moved out of state. I moved in with my stepmom to help her out (she was dying, on hospice). She had "The Idiot Dog". Now that wasn't his name, but that is the name I gave him. His true name was Ezekiel Galileo (the idiot dog). When I first moved in, he was only about 3 or 4 months old and had NO boundaries whatsoever. He ate all of mom's shoes, my china doll, my backpack, a couple of library books, the teddy bear I have had since I was three weeks old. I do believe the teddy bear is the one that hurts me the most. But I believe the funniest stories is this one: Mom was a diabetic, and I had done the mail order monitor and supplies for her. We get it, and I open it, work with it, and then we have to leave to take her to the doctor. I left it on the living room coffee table, that is where we had always left the other one, so no big deal. When we got home a couple of hours later, the idiot dog had eaten the meter, the strips, the box, fortunately, he had left the needles alone (THAT would have been a serious issue!). Now, this meant I had to call the company. How do I explain this to them? Yep, I called and explained it to them, the person actually did not laugh at me, trust me, I was doing enough laughing myself.
It is several years later now, I have three cats and two dogs, they are my babies. But Zeke will always have a special place in my heart.

TinaG

Registered
Reaction score
I love animals so very much as a child growing up we had farm animals. I have had birds, cats, and dogs as an adult. My Khloe to whom we only know is some sort of bull terrier mix was found as a pup under an old barn covered in mange and in need of medical attention. She has been a wonderful companion and a very loving friend to my family. The other two just pee everywhere and your welcome to the monsters if you want them. lol :roll: I love them too they are my thing one and thing two. My bird speckles has passed however she was my close companion for many many years and was granted a well dissevered rest form this world in her old age.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a new pet.

32157766_2087913494789408_2032800036852596736_n.png

Meet my pup Chip!

= D

ryoungwrites

Registered
Reaction score
I have a new pet.

32157766_2087913494789408_2032800036852596736_n.png

Meet my pup Chip!

= D

What a cutie! Hello, Chip! Be prepared. You're being groomed to be a writing buddy. :Hug2:

- - - Updated - - -

I used to write with the most awesome corgi. Boy, I miss that guy. I need a new writing buddy...

HR Garcia

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE cats but my immune system does not, so I am now a dog person. I have 1 rescue, a german shepherd/rottweiler mix (Maggie) who is severely overweight so we're both currently on an exercise plan. I also have a pitt/mastiff mix who is basically just a very tall, gray, American Staffordshire terrier. His name is Dorian, of course (Picture of Dorian Gray). Also a poodle mix (Charlie) who, despite my encouragement, just will not run away.
They're all 3 my writing buddies. Charlie sits underneath my desk at my feet and the other two lay beside my chair.

K_Remington

Registered
Reaction score
I have an adorable little mutt who is almost certainly on the spectrum. Pretty sure that's a thing for dogs...

Anyway, on a scale from 1 to nuclear explosion her energy level is Tsar Bomba, so she can be tough to write around. That said, the rare hours in which she is curled at my side in fatigue are bliss.

rosegold

Registered
Reaction score
I have two. One usually stays in her bed by my desk, and the other is clingy and needs to be in my lap when she isn't making me throw mini tennis balls between sentences.

DepressedbutnotDead

Registered
Reaction score
I'd pick space. This may seem crazy, but for some reason it seems less scary than outer space, less dangerous, less monsters - the deep ocean scares the crap out of me!

ktschultz92

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I have a pet: a 9.5 lb white shih-tzu, Addie, who thinks she's the size of a Saint Bernard, and she is my baby girl. I got her s a college graduate gift from my parents. I have grown up with shih-tzus in my family.

Katelynn

tommyrulez_99

Registered
Reaction score
The current question: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

Dog and dog. lol Never been much of a cat person.

JenWantsCoffee

Registered
Reaction score
New Question of the Week: Do you, or have you ever, had a pet?

I grew up with dogs (a pitbull and a golden retriever), but currently have 2 cats. They're rescues, brother and sister, and completely black with bright yellow eyes. So obviously we named them Drew and Brees. Because Geaux Saints! :tongue

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
My current dog Barney is an absolute legend and never had a cat only been bitten by a neighbours one once, my closest and only encounter.

Paul Scott

Registered
Reaction score
My current dog Barney is an absolute legend and never had a cat only been bitten by a neighbours one once, my closest and only encounter.

What type of dog is this legend? I dislike cats, if they can climb a tree faster then myself then they cannot become my friend. one of my life rules.

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
What type of dog is this legend? I dislike cats, if they can climb a tree faster then myself then they cannot become my friend. one of my life rules.

He's a cross between a poodle and a Rottweiler my Aunty from Brussels bred them and had one left over so she gave it to us! what about you do you have a dig then? pretty sure they're no good at climbing trees so you should be ok there!

Luke Bruton

Registered
Reaction score
Here's one. Favourite drink to have when writing?[/QUOTE

Green tea and a packet of frazzles for me please then chuck some classical music on (Interstellar soundtrack is amazing for the job) and I'm ready to roll!