Any Diggers out there?

CoffeeBound

Registered
Reaction score
Digg is fast becoming my favorite place for news and oddities. It has replaced my usual browse-through on Google News. I also check out Yahoo Buzz from time to time, but Digg is more my style.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
I started digging my former site about a year ago, and now I have completetly stopped it. Is it worth digging blog posts? Do you get much viewers upon your site?

payitforward

Muppet Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nancyhigh.wordpress.com
I've submitted a lot of sites, and nary a bite. So, I'm wondering too if it's worth it. I think it's just that I haven't learned the ropes yet of searching and communities and such. Perhaps over my fall break, I'll scout around and see if I can use it more efficiently!

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
I digg and mixx, but no stumbling yet. If anyone wants to exchange friends: http://digg.com/users/flashgordonweb

I've found digg and mixx especially good for backlinks or for deep linking. I get some traffic, but unless you are writing totally off the top sensational posts it is pretty hard to see any sizable increase.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
I'm a digg regular, though I very rarely actually sign in and Digg and/or comment. I do visit a couple times a day.

I've had a few posts of mine dugg, and if it gets to the front page it usually results in about 10,000 hits in a day. About a year and a half ago I had one post that was Dugg, farked, reddited and a million other things all at once, and it ended up with several hundred thousand unique visits over the course of a few days. To this day the same post usually gets about 50 or so hits in a day.

I've never been able to successfully digg my own post. It's usually when someone else does it for me.

payitforward

Muppet Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nancyhigh.wordpress.com
How about we get a group of AWer's to band together and befriend each other? Just as an experiment to see if we can all help each other network? I can friend anyone if you just send me your handle on there.

Cheerios,
Nancy

payitforward

Muppet Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nancyhigh.wordpress.com
Hi Lollypop,

I just gave you a thumbs up on Stumble! I'll go friend you there too. still trying to get the stupid stumble button on my blog, but can't seem to copy it.

Digg is still a bear to wade through, but if we get a good AW showing, I think we can build up the writing blogs there. Let's take over the internet world!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:Shrug: I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Guess I will have to do some research.

<<<<<<<wonders off........

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Okay....just checked it out. So, let me get this right. You post news stories? Or can you post whatever you want? (Inquiring minds want to know.)

frolzagain

Registered
Reaction score
I joined digg and stumble about a week ago but i'm still trying to figure them out. My username is paranormalpursuits if anyone here wants to friend me, I'll be happy to digg some of your stuff if I can figure out how :)

Pistol Whipped Bee

Now what?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenniferplace.wordpress.com
I use digg and stumbled upon to share my blog posts and I don't know how anyone ever finds them. Both sites are huge, but then again - I'm new to all this and haven't discovered how to 'get noticed'. I just started my blog in early October and I've never had one before.

http://neftwink.wordpress.com/ My story takes the reader through my experiences of late stage alcoholism, two arrests by my new husband of three months and my subsequent adventures through and between five inpatient treatment centers for alcohol abuse.