Writing Coaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever hired a writing coach or been tempted to hire a coach to get some help with their freelance career?

I've seen plenty of these services and never really felt motivated to do it, but I recently branched out and started moving into freelance voiceover for some extra $$$...in VO there are hundreds of coaches and they make a pretty good living doing it...I started using a coach who has had plenty of career advice, and I started wondering if this is peculiar to VO freelance work or if people have had good experiences for writing as well...

ideagirl

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever hired a writing coach or been tempted to hire a coach to get some help with their freelance career?

I've seen plenty of these services and never really felt motivated to do it, but I recently branched out and started moving into freelance voiceover for some extra $$$...in VO there are hundreds of coaches and they make a pretty good living doing it...I started using a coach who has had plenty of career advice, and I started wondering if this is peculiar to VO freelance work or if people have had good experiences for writing as well...

I have a writing coach. She's great. Found her in the classified of Poets and Writers.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
I imagine these would be great at a certain stage of one's career, but there are lots of free services that can help too. You're reading one.
There should be websites where you can post and crit each other's work like the SYW here, or local groups where you can do it in person.
Enjoy!

L.Shafter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a writing coach for students, which isn't particularly lucrative, but it's a steady job. I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to make a supplemental income from it, though, especially with great critiquing sites like this around! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.