Helpful & Interesting Websites

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I posted this over in the Pagan Writing forum. Thought you guys might be interested in checking out some of these sites as well.

Add more as you come across them. :) Some of these sites I've used extensively. There are others that I've come across in various searches, and they seemed interesting.

Pagan Resources from The Nine Houses of Gaia

Maine Pagan Resource page

Neo-Pagan Encyclopedia Resources

Religious resources

Neo pagan Links

MetaReligion - This site is cool. I've used it as a stepping stone to finding out about South American Gods, but there are many categories listed.

InfoPlease Encyclopedia

All Refer Religion Articles

Questia

Celtic Studies

Beliefnet

Daily Zen

So, add your favorites and let me know if any of these are bonk and I'll delete them.

~Sara

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I don't know if anyone is interested in Vedanta, which is the nearest I would come to claiming as "my" religion but anyway, here's a good website:
http://www.vedanta.org/wiv/overview.html

Vedanta is appealing to those hovering between atheism, agnosticism and a traditional religion. I have found it immensely satisfying, intellectualy and emotionally and in pratcical life.

Vedanta is one of the world's most ancient religious philosophies and one of its broadest. Based on the Vedas, the sacred scriptures of India, Vedanta affirms the oneness of existence, the divinity of the soul, and the harmony of religions. Vedanta is the philosophical foundation of Hinduism; but while Hinduism includes aspects of Indian culture, Vedanta is universal in its application and is equally relevant to all countries, all cultures, and all religious backgrounds.

Last edited:

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Baha`i Faith
www.bahai.org
"Today, more and more people are coming to recognize that all the great religions have been revealed by the same God."

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I recently had a Jewish friend suggest this site to me because of my Gentile heritage. Its G-d is the G-d of the Bible, but it is neither Judaism nor Christianity. I have found it to be extremely helpful in finding my own path to the G-d I now serve.

Noachide

ETA:
By the way,

Thank you, Saritams8, for putting this thread up in the first place. :)

Zaris

Registered
Reaction score
On ancient Zoroastrian beliefs and practices:

http://avesta.org/

I would also recommend the book of Shah - Nameh, by Ferdowsi... plenty of material and inspiration for potential fantasy writers.

RichardGarfinkle

Nurture Phoenixes
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardgarfinkle.com
On ancient Zoroastrian beliefs and practices:

http://avesta.org/

I would also recommend the book of Shah - Nameh, by Ferdowsi... plenty of material and inspiration for potential fantasy writers.

The avesta site is extremely helpful.
Is there a good English translation of Shah-Nameh? I went looking for one years ago and couldn't find it.