I am opening up Firefox News to all genres of fiction -- and there is no upper limit to the number of stories meeting our standard that I can accept.

The pay is 99% of Adsense (to your own Adsense account), which is measly, I know. However, the site does have established traffic (currently the median is around 5,000 to 6,000 unique visitors a day, with spikes well above that), quite a few writers already working on the site, and a writer-friendly TOS.

In brief, you may submit reprints. You may delete your stories at any time, for any reason, no questions asked. You may also use your bio on the site to promote your books or personal blog or web site. (Note: no links to books printed by Publish America or any other publisher not in good standing with the writing community).

Criteria for acceptance will, generally speaking, be:

1) Stories must be have a minimum of spelling and grammar errors. We will fix the occasional typo; more than a few problems will cause us to reject the story.

2) Stories must have a beginning, middle, and end, and be complete. And they must not make us go, "WTF? This makes no sense!" when we read them.

3) Stories must be PG-13 or less, which means sex scenes need to fade to black and gruesome shocking violence needs to be kept to a minimum.

4) No fanfiction. (And if you just changed the names of the Star Trek/LOTR/Harry Potter characters and tried to pass a story written in that universe off as your own, we'll probably notice. *grin*)

5) Nothing that will make our advertisers run away in shock, or which makes the site editorial staff go, "Ewww!"

6) We will not accept anything of an overtly religious nature.

However, when we say 'submit any genre' we mean it. We're looking for everything from fluffy romances to hard core science fiction; anything from westerns to werewolves.

Our response time should be quick. (My goal is same-week response, but I do NOT guarantee this.) Also, once you have one story accepted you will have access to submit future stories to a pending queue that puts you ahead of the slush pile.

To submit a story, paste it into the body of an e-mail or attach it as an .rtf and send it to firefox.fiction@gmail.com. Do NOT send Microsoft Doc files.

If you have any questions, post 'em here or e-mail leva@firefox.org and I'll be happy to answer as quickly as I can.

You can see past stories we've accepted here:

http://firefox.org/news/categories/Original-Fiction/

(Note: Kara Jackson's story is an April Fool's day story and not generally representative of our usual quality.)

-- Leva