Status
Not open for further replies.

Christine N.

haz a shiny new book cover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christine-norris.com
I'm not usually the article writing type. I like to write books, juvenile fiction specifically. But I need to make some kind of dough until the royalty checks start coming in, so I decided to give this freelance thing a try.

Today I bit the bullet and submitted an article to CC. It took me about an hour and a half. 1200 words about how to choose the right type of dog.

Cross your fingers that it gets bought :) And if it doesn't, well, then I tried. I also signed up for AC and WFC.

angel2blue

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats

I submitted both to CC and AC early last week. On Friday, I received an offer from an editor at AC for $10. Good luck!:PartySmil

Wendy J

Life Is Like A Box Of Choc.
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck to you. Those articles that go for $10-$30 can really help with expenses. They are quick to write and the cash starts piling up.

Last edited:

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
I have some leftover Passover cookies (they are really bad now, instead of just icky like they were a week ago!).

Christine, I hope I'm not being a budinsky so if this advice doesn't work, forget about it. I know I've mentioned these markets in other threads, but the regional parenting markets are great for reprint purchases and really, they use info on many, many topics that are evergreen and not so locally oriented as you might think, including stuff on pets. Anyway, www.parentingpublications.org has a member list that you can access from the website by just hitting return (and not entering any info) and then you can see contact info for over 100 of these markets.

Good luck to you - you're on the way.

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
congrats on biting the bullet! hopefully no bits of lead fell down your throat... :) good luck with the article!

Status
Not open for further replies.