User ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlakeOvard

duck, duck, GOOSE!
Registered
Reaction score
Now based in Texas, living the western life.
Website
www.blakeovard.com
reph said:
Can columnists and other kinds of writers be sages, or will the emphasis be on book publishing?

I think that's an awesome question, as that is the category that I would find myself in. Another question... Will it be a designate by invitation, or will one have to apply for the designation?

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Brainerd T. said:
Floo is an Absolute Moron and he's proud of it. He thinks it means More Onchovies.
All the members could be absolute something. Me? I'm an Absolute humorositist. Or something.

Brainerd, you're so silly! You're an Absolute sweetheart! :kiss:

Brainerd T.

---the wordmaster ---
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donthaveone.com
Garsh.

Yure my favor right Celesty.

But back to being absolute. Absolute Right, Absolute Wright, Absolute Sage. Great ideas.

(At McDonalds, Floo goes in and says "Gimme a Mac Mac Mac Mac Mac Donalds sandwich". He figures if they can stutter, he can too. Now he's got me doing it. Now that's Absolute McDonalds.

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I'd love to have a thread in the FAQs where some of the published veterans give short bios, so anyone who's curious can see who they're talking to and why people take so-and-so's advice seriously.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Good idea. I think, though, that you, Jenna, and a few mods should decide who gets to be one of the "veterans," "sages," or whatever. I wonder--wouldn't it also be a good idea to put that info--not just on the FAQ board, but also have a link or thread at the top of the newbie board?

Just my two cents. I need my morning coffee now.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Ttttthhhhhhhpp!

This sounds an awful lot like a Platonic Utopia ruled by Philosopher(Writer)-kings. Are they appointed for life? Perhaps we could establish an AW Party (only a few get to be actual members)...no going against the Party line! Who wants to head the secret police squads? The Ministry of Historical Destiny? Hmmm...

Rob

P.S. Ya know I'm just teasin', dontcha?:snoopy:

Brainerd T.

---the wordmaster ---
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donthaveone.com
Yes. Appointed for life. The assassination squad and the secret police already have their assignments.

(Of course the life I'm talking about is the life of their avatar). Notice I don't have an avatar? That means I don't have a life.

(I'm kidding. Floo is not a member of the secret service. He's a Dodo after all.)

Last edited:

Rose Red

Registered
Reaction score
Website
themegaphone.net
For what it's worth, I like Absolute Sage too.:)

I think the idea of being nominated by the mods and then the last word going to Jenna is also good. If you allow people to nominate themselves, and then have to reject them for whatever reason...to me, the potentiality is there to get into a quagmire of hurt feelings and resentment if someone feels that they weren't given the status that they deserved if you allow self nomination (otherwise, they wouldn't have nominated themselves...). Maybe I'm wrong, but having had my own forum a few years back and having to assign mods, I know how easily feelings can get hurt. A few long term friendships ended badly over others thinking that they were being snubbed when they were not, but that's another story... I digress. :)

Better to go down the road of invitation, methinks. That way, it's a pleasant surprise and an honor to be asked, plus no one has to do the rotten job of telling someone why their application was rejected and then possibly getting embroiled in conflict. Let's face it, guys, most of us probably get enough rejections in life with submissions. (Oh, just me, then...ok, lol) This forum is a wonderful place of refuge and support and I'd like to see it continue to be.

I hope I don't sound like I'm being negative. I'd just hate to see any ill feeling come from something that was done with good intentions in the first place. Personally, being fairly new, I'd find that really useful, knowing who were the sages amongst us. :)

Thanks for the opportunity to give my two cents worth. :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:popcorn: ...Will have to pay close attention to this. (inquiring minds want to know) :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.