Two are better than one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
My second book came out a couple of weeks ago. I had a number of signings arranged and expected one or two previous buyers to turn up. But the effect of having the sequel to sell is dynamic. I'm amazed at the number of people, especial YA, who say they prefer to buy two books because they like a series of stories. I'm now under pressure to finish the third book. So for the writers who want to know what to do when the first book has been written, definitely get working on the second one.

nconner

Registered
Reaction score
That's great to hear--thanks for posting your experience. I sold two first-in-series novels this year (different series, of course :), and one of them in a two-book contract), so this is really encouraging.

--Nancy

willfulone

I am a zebra...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! Is this the book I requested buying info. on for I loved the story when described in another thread? I would like very much to do so. Me eyes? My eyes cannot see the cover very well to read title - well okay, not at all. Can you provide Amazon link or other buying link or the title so I can get the thing? Please!

Happy for you!

Christine

flashgordon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bauuinstitute.com
Congrats. I can see how YA would do well as a series. I used to only buy science fiction books if there was a series since I wanted to get taken away for an extended period of time. Same would probably apply to YA books. Keep it up.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
Congrats Mumut. It's good to see you doing so well.

Curious, did you always intend to write a series? When I first joined here, before my self imposed excile, I wrote what was fantasy book which I was told was three different stories, but never did anything serious with it back then, and have played with it a little bit lately as well as a few others, trying to find my feet again, I guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.