Today is my Anniversary!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
15 years of marriage. :heart:

Not only does it mark the anniversary of my marriage but it also marks the period of time that I graduated college, passed my state board exams, began my career and purchased my first home.

Wow talk about retrospection! Memories from the last 15 years are coming back to me as if they happened yesterday. Some good, some not so good but all worth remembering.

I wonder what the next 15 will bring. :)

Gehanna

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Gehanna :heart:

Have a great anniversary! :partyguy: Doing anything romantic?

~Sara

rich

Congratulations.

Next month, 37 years of marriage.

Not only will it mark the anniversary of my marriage, but it also marks my last day of freedom.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone!! :D

As for romance, what time is it? ... we have a few hours left before the children get home ;-)

Gratz in advance to you Rich! What day is your anniversary on next month? I am not certain what you meant about it being your last day of freedom. I mean I have an idea of what you may have meant but assumption can be the mother of all mistakes so I figured it best to ask. lol

rich

Take it as it reads, Mrs. G. Although, she would have the same gripe--maybe worse.

May 18--the day Mount St. Helens blew its top.

aboyd

Sandwich Maker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.outshine.com
Congrats!

-Tony

PS: Rich, my bday is May 18. That might be a big party day here on AW. Of course, I'm flighty, so I'll probably flake and not even post.

Pencilone

Muse Lover
Registered
Reaction score
I cannot believe I found this post today!

Gehanna, Happy Anniversary!
Today it is my anniversary too: 10 years of marriage!:Sun:

My husband forgot about it, but that does not matter, since we love each other. :kiss:

Last edited:

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations to both of you - and best wishes for many more.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Wow - Congratulations Gehanna!!

I've never been married but I did spend the night in jail once so I heartily commend you for your 15 years!!!

Last edited:

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary, Gehanna!
17.gif

Does romance still exist after 15 years of marriage? ;)

Ours is gone and I'm going on my sixth year of imprisonment in July (maybe). Lol....:Headbang:

That's awesome you've been able to make it last! :LilLove:

Congratulations!

Last edited:

Renee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneebagley.com
Today is my Anniversary

Congratulations, Gehanna, and Happy Anniversary! I wish you continued success!

:partyguy: :snoopy:

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Once again, my thanks to all who replied wishing my husband and I the best :)

LOL Rich! Mount St. Helens. Oy!

Aboyd, Happy B-Day in advance! :Cake: My hubby's B-Day is the 14th of May. You gotta post so we can razz ya. Razz = the virtual way to spank ;-)

Wormo, if you think of that definition let me know.

Hey mommie4a! Gratz on 14 for you. What month is your anniversary?

Hello Pencilone, Gratz to you on 10 years!! What an awesome gift of forgiveness you gave your husband. May blessings come back to you for that.

Debbie, 24 years!! That's fantastic. Got any tips to share?

LMAO Brokenfingers.

Hey Celeste!! There was a time that romance was gone from our marriage. Things seemed so empty, so dead and lonely. Not just for me but for my husband to. This seemingly dead period lasted almost 5 years.

I thought for sure our marriage was over and so did he. We stopped sleeping in the same bed together and could barely tolerate being in the same room together.

Talk about a time of trial by pain and misery. Pain and misery are two of the many negative emotions that will settle in when all other emotions are gone. Negative emotions are like parasites or demonic opportunists possessing their host with intent to destroy.

During that 5 years, many things took place. Some good and some not so good at all. One of the good things that took place was my spiritual realization. I'm not going to call it an awakening because spiritual events have been occurring in my life beginning as far back into my childhood as I can recall...but that is another story.

Anyway, there finally came a day that I began to get sick and tired of being sick and tired. I remembered a time a friend told me, "One day you'll wake up and leave. You will take your children and some belongings and you'll just go."

The more I thought about that the more I began to feel pissed off! I wasn't angry because of what she said, I was angry because I realized how easy it could be to just go and at first I couldn't figure out why after 5 years I hadn't left. Then "it" hit me hard. The reality of "it" had been there all along! I wondered how in the world I had failed to realize "it" for 5 years!

"It" began to make a difference especially after I took my understanding of "it" and shared "it" with my husband. He began to realize "it" to and then things began to get even better.

Yesterday was 15 years of marriage. Slowly my husband and I work to resolve the issues of our past and we strive to grow together. Yes we still have disagreements and arguments now and then. I am a Scorpio after all and he is a Taurus.

Despite my spiritual realization and despite any astrological influence there may or may not be, there is always the truth of "it". If you have "it" then you have "it" all even when you can't feel "it".

"It" is what remains when the romance is gone and "it" is what keeps two people together when they could easily leave one another.

"It" is Love.

Wonderful emotions, romance and passionate intimacy are all gifts of love. These experiences, of themselves, are not love. True love is never subject to emotional experiences despite the fact we allow ourselves to become subject to our emotions. Because of this subjection, we often lose sight of what is real for us and what has meaning.

Why can divorce be so devastating? Why does it leave such deep wounds? Why do relationships that end cause us so much grief? ... because we have "it" even if we did not realize "it".

Why does a battered woman return to her husband time and time again? You may say because of fear and I would agree but I say it is also because she loves him. Do I condone violence? Absolutely not! To anyone in an abusive relationship, "Get out! Save your life and your sanity!"

Our nature includes the capacity to love and to hate. We understand the fine line that exists between the two. It is up to each of us to decide what we want to do with "It" and to accept the consequence of our decisions.

Take "it" or leave "it" if you must but avoid placing value on "it" based on emotional experience or lack thereof.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How wonderful for you both. I'm sure there are people who thought--privately--that this might not work. Isn't it fun to prove them wrong? It's also great to reflect on what's different and what's unchanged, in what ways your lives together are better than they could possibly be apart.

A day late, but my sincere congratulations!

Maryn, long-married